𝟛𝟚 | 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕘𝕠𝕟 𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕪

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

Amara woke to the soft glow of sunlight streaming through her bedroom window, the pale morning light casting a warm hue over the room. Today was the day. The day she had been counting down to for weeks—her return to Hogwarts. Her heart fluttered with excitement as she stretched and sat up, the familiar weight of anticipation heavy in her chest.

She slipped out of bed and padded down the stairs, the smell of freshly brewed tea greeting her as she entered the kitchen. Her mother was already there, standing by the stove, a warm smile on her face.

"Good morning, Mom," Amara said, sliding into a chair at the table.

"Morning, sweetheart. How did you sleep?" her mother asked, turning to face her. Her mother's eyes, so much like her own, sparkled with warmth.

"Good," Amara replied, though her mind was already half-focused on what the day had in store.

"Your dad's already at work, so it's just us today," her mom said, pouring her a cup of tea. "I was thinking... do you want to come to Diagon Alley with me? We can get your last-minute things before you head off."

Amara blinked in surprise, setting her cup down. Diagon Alley wasn't exactly her mom's favorite place. The last time her mother had gone with her was for her first year at Hogwarts, and even then, it had been a challenge. Her mom, a Muggle, had tried her best to support her magical daughter, but the overwhelming sights and sounds of the wizarding world had freaked her out.

Now, five years later, Amara didn't really expect her mom to offer to go back.

"You sure, Mom?" Amara asked, tilting her head slightly. "I thought Diagon Alley freaked you out?"

Her mother hesitated for a moment, then took a deep breath, her smile faltering slightly but never fully disappearing. "I will do it. I will be brave, like the..." She trailed off, her brows furrowing as she searched for the right words. "Like the... lion house."

Amara couldn't help but laugh at that, her smile spreading across her face. "Gryffindor, Mom?"

Her mom nodded, a little sheepish. "Yeah, that's the one! Gryffindor. I'll be brave like a Gryffindor."

Amara shook her head, still grinning. "Mom, we don't like them. Snakes are better." She shot her mom a teasing look, her Slytherin pride in full force.

Her mother rolled her eyes, her grin widening. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry, Mar. Snakes are better, obviously." She chuckled softly, her affection for Amara clear in her voice. "But still... I'll be brave today. For you."

Amara felt a warmth spread through her chest, a surge of love and gratitude for her mother's effort. It wasn't easy for her mom to navigate the magical world, but she tried. Even if she didn't fully understand everything, she supported Amara as best she could, and that meant more to her than anything.

"Thanks, Mom," Amara said, her voice soft. "You don't have to come if you don't want to, though. I'll be fine on my own."

"I want to," her mother insisted, her expression softening. "It's our tradition, isn't it? One last trip to Diagon Alley before you head off for the year. Besides," she added with a wink, "who knows when I'll get another chance to see those strange wizard shops. They have to have improved since I last went, right?"

Amara laughed, a lightness filling the room as she sipped her tea. She was lucky—she knew that. Even though her mom was a Muggle, she never made Amara feel out of place or like she didn't belong.

"All right then," Amara said, standing up with a renewed energy. "Let's get going. Diagon Alley won't know what hit it."

Her mom chuckled, shaking her head as she grabbed her purse. "Just promise not to ditch me when we get there, all right? I might get lost in one of those weird shops."