Chapter 44: Concerns & Punk Rock Revival

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson

Discord channels, you can find me at:

Emerald Library: It is so big you can google it

Writer's Block: wttJDs62Dy

LAST TIME:

"The fleece worked far better than we expected it to. It completely healed Thalia's tree. The fleece kept working until Thalia Grace, daughter of Zeus, was revived." She said as Percy's eyes widened as he processed the words he had just heard. At that moment, the face of that punk rock girl he had met all those years ago popped into his mind.

"That's not the most important part, though." Athena suddenly continued as Percy snapped out of his thoughts and his eyes focused on her.

"We have four months until one of the big three's kids reaches the age of 16 now. Fulfilling part of the great prophecy." She finished as Percy's heart skipped a beat, and he felt a headache quickly form.

"Fuck me."

"Well... let's go inside, shall we? We have all night to discuss it after everything else is taken care of."

"... You can't just drop this sort of bomb and then demand my background info."

"We have four months for the prophecy. I've been waiting for this for years."

"..."

NOW:

THIRD PERSON POV:

"Hey... is it okay if I come in?" Percy's voice came from the door, causing Artemis to lift her head from her pillow as she glanced at the door. She couldn't help but feel the urge to flee at that moment, but Zoe's voice telling her to talk to him echoed in her mind. Over the last two weeks, she had been avoiding Percy like the plague. Unfortunately, it was time to face him now, even if she felt unprepared.

Calming her emotions a little and letting out a long breath, she sat in bed and hugged the pillow she had been lying on. Just before opening her mouth, she paused briefly before quickly fixing her frizzy hair as a slight blush crossed her cheeks. She wanted to look decent if she would be seeing him for the first time in a while.

"Come in." She managed to say as the door slowly opened, revealing the man she loved. His godly level looks and stunning features were the same as when she last saw him, yet somehow, there was a difference between now and then that added something extra to his looks. She wasn't sure what it was, but it made him even more handsome. Still, she forced her eyes to turn away and stare at the bed as he walked into the room.

"Sorry about all that. I didn't expect Athena to pop on by and take up everyone's time." He apologized as Artemis glanced up at him while he sat down on the end of the bed. Seeing his apologetic face made the knot in her stomach soften as she shrugged.

"It's okay. Seeing her stumble over her thoughts when she saw me was priceless. If Hera had been here, I am sure she would have fainted. How is she doing, by the way? Did you guys all finish your talk?" She asked him as Percy rubbed the back of his head while thinking.

"We are all good. Any questions I had for her have been asked and answered. I can fully trust her with Mom now. Her intentions are pure, and it helps that the river of love has connected the two as soulmates. Right, you don't know, I unlocked more domains. They were all from Eros... I can see bits and pieces in the river of love now. I also can decipher emotions regarding love and desire a little better." He quickly explained that Artemis blinked in surprise as she was caught off guard by the sudden info dump. Unfortunately, Percy didn't allow her to process the info as he continued speaking.