Chapter 19

Maggie's p.o.v.

       I must have fallen asleep for a little bit because when Conrad got up to shut off the projector I realized the movie was over.

       "Sleepy head" Conrad smiled over at me as he put his projector away.

       "I didn't mean to." I say back to him still sitting on the bed. "Are you sure it's okay I stay here? I really don't want to be overstepping." I give one final attempt at making sure he's okay with this.

        He comes closer to the bed and soon he's standing right in front of me. "I want you here." He says as he looks into my eyes.

       I couldn't help but blush at his words. I wanted to say something back but I was honestly lost for words. I pushed myself closer to the edge of the bed and just put my arms around him and gave him a hug. I felt safe in his arms and I couldn't explain why.

        We stayed like that for a few moments before pulling apart. Conrad bent down to clear a spot on the floor and I soon realized what he was doing.

        "If I'm going to be staying here I can't have you sleeping on the floor." I say to him.

        "Well I'm not going to let you stay on the floor." He says back to me as he continues to make a spot on the floor for himself.

         "Sleep in the bed with me." I say hoping he obliges.

He stops what he's doing and stands up straight to look at me. "Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes I'm sure." I respond.

"Well okay then, but we should probably get ready for bed soon because we both have classes tomorrow." He points out.

I nod back at him and hop off the bed. I walk over to the bag I packed and reach in for my pajamas and my toothbrush.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom and get ready I'll be right back." I say to him before making my way into his bathroom.

I slip off my clothes and put on my pajamas. I make my way over to the sink before brushing my teeth. I fix my hair into a neater ponytail for bed and look at myself in the mirror. "You can do this." I think to myself before gathering my stuff and making my way back into his room.

When I come back he's changed into a black tee shirt and some pajama pants. I feel like he looks most beautiful when he's in the simplest of clothes. Just him in a natural state if that makes sense.

He looks over at me "cute" he says while looking at me. I mean I didn't necessarily think an old sweatshirt and cotton shorts was cute but you never know.

"Thanks." I smile back.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." He says with a smile, walking past me, and stepping into the bathroom.

I put my dirty clothes in my bag along with my toothbrush. I grab my bottle of water before taking a sip along with my medication before putting it back into my bag.

I make my way over to the bed and pull back the covers before hopping on the bed and scooting all the way over to the side of the bed closest to the wall. I go on my phone for a minute while I wait for Conrad to come out of the bathroom.

       A few moments later he comes out of the bathroom and walks over to his dresser. He opens a drawer and does something but I'm not sure what. He eventually makes his way over to the edge of the bed.

      "Are you sure? I don't mind sleeping on the floor." He asks in a final protest.

       "I'm sure." I say with confidence. I pat the spot next to me on the bed signaling him to sit with me.

        He hops up on the space next to me trying to give me space in the rather small bed.

        "What time is your first class tomorrow?" He asks me.

         "Twelve, you?" I ask back.

          "Twelve." He says.

         "Perfect." I smile.

          He opens the clock app on his phone and sets a couple of alarms for us to wake up too. I set one on my phone too just incase. He then reaches for the charging cables next to his bed and plugs his phone in. He gestures for my phone too so he can plug it in. I give it to him while thanking him.

           He reaches over to the lamp on the small table and goes to turn it off. There's still a little bit of light coming through the window from the street lights outside.

         We lay down and try to get in a more comfortable position. Realizing after only a few moments the way we were laying wasn't going to work Conrad speaks up.

       "Come here." He says while he lifts up his arm for me to lay a whole lot closer to him. I oblige and come closer to him. I lay my head on his chest and he puts his arm around me. I can hear his heart beating through his chest. He rubs my arm with the hand he has around me and I feel like my heart is going to explode.

        "Goodnight Connie." I say to him calling him by a little nickname for the first time.

         "Goodnight Mags." He says back to me before kissing the top of my head. I smile even though he can't see it. I hope that he's smiling too.

         We lay there for a few moments just enjoying each other before eventually falling asleep in each others arms.