Chapter One

In the quiet and structured life of St

Mark Orphanage, Olivia had found peace and purpose. After the tragic loss of her parents, the orphanage became her safe haven, filled with children whose laughter eased the pain of her past. Every day began with the same gentle routine. "It's prayer time, children.

Wake up!" I would call out as the soft morning light filtered through the windows.

"Good morning, How was your night?" asked with a smile.

"It was fine, Ma'am. How about you?" I replied warmly, smoothing Sophia hair.

you're a sweet girl. Instead of using your parents' insurance to go further in life, you've used it for us, for the children. You're too kind."

"It's nothing," replied softly. "I'm just happy to see you all smile."

With the morning duties done, Olivia turned her attention to preparing breakfast. "Alright, let's do some cooking. Hand me the ingredients, Elena," she instructed. The aroma of fresh vegetables, which had just been delivered that morning, filled the kitchen.

"Hmm, your food is always the best, Olivia. I wish I could be like you someday," Elena said, admiration sparkling in her eyes.

"No, Sophia, said firmly. "Be yourself. That's the best you can be."

Mrs. Flavour, one of the caregivers, began serving the children their breakfast, making sure everything was in order before they all headed to morning mass. Just was about to finish up my tasks, she was interrupted by a soft voice. "Olivia, you have a message."

"Okay, thanks," wiping my hands and heading to check the message.

My heart froze as i read the words:

"Olivia, I'm coming to get you. Pack your things and be ready for my arrival. - Mark Jonas, your uncle."

"What? My uncle? Dad's younger brother?" I gasped. "No, this can't be right. Dad and Uncle Mark never got along. Why is he coming now, after all these years?"

Panic set in as it began to pace the room. "I can't go. I don't want to leave. I've been living here peacefully."

Turned to Mrs. Elena, With a voice shaking. "After eight years, he's only just writing to me now?"

Mrs. Elena gave me a sad look, but gentle smile. "At least a relative of yours is coming for you, my dear. We will miss you, but this is a chance for you to see more of the world."

"No! What are you saying?" crying , my voice filled with desperation. "I don't want to go. I didn't expect this from you. I thought you understood."

Mrs. Elena's expression softened further as she reached out to comfort Olivia. "Don't worry, sweetheart. I think this will be good for you. I'm happy you finally get to see beyond these walls and this house."

"But I love these walls, this house. It holds my memories-happy ones that replaced the sadness and loneliness I felt after my parents died," Olivia said, tears welling up in her eyes. "Please don't say this to me."

Mrs. Elena pulled me into a warm embrace, wiping away her tears. "Don't cry, my dear. I know it's hard, but I promise, this might be the beginning of something new and wonderful for you. Come here, give me a hug."

"I love you, Mrs. Elena," whispered, my voice was trembling.

"I love you too, dear," Mrs. Elena replied, holding her tight, knowing that this was the hardest goodbye I would ever have to face.