Arc II: Hopeful Lights of the Night Sky

The Next Morning.........................................................

I yawn as I wake up with Friend.

"Come with me for a moment," Friend begins. He shows me inside another structure.

Inside of the structure, there is another long cushion as well as a large photo of a bunch of strange shapes.

"This, my friend, is the World," Friend reveals.

"The World?"

"Earth, rather. The whole thing!"

Such uniqueness! I cannot believe my eyes to all of this detail. It is as if every inch of this world has a living, breathing identity of its own. He gives me a body sign to have a seat. I decided to sit down like he said. He grabs a twig and begins pointing at shapes in the photo. First, he outlines the whole photo, "Map... Map of World..." He then points to seven different shapes as he says, "Australia, Asia, Europe, Africa, South America, North America, Antarctica." He then points to a bunch of different little shapes near Australia, "Oceania." He points to some near North America, "The Caribbean."

"CONTINENTS!!!!!!!" Friend exclaims passionately.

"Continents?" I ask curiously. "What Continents?"

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7! And take a look at this, mate~!" He points at 5 large bodies of water. "Indian, Southern, Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic. OCEANS!!!!!"

"Woah!"

"It's Excited, right?"

"Yes, Yes, Yes! But Where?"

"Where? Are you asking where you should go?"

"Where Go?"

"I mean, the sky's the limit for you. You remind me a lot of my son to be honest. But Where You Go? YOU DECIDE!" He points at me as if he wants me to choose somewhere on my own. "Blindfold?"

"What Blindfold?"

"Here, let me show you." He pulls out a long shred of white which he attempts to wrap around my eyes. When I begin to lose my sight, I freak out and flap my wings everywhere to signal to him that I don't want that. "Alright, no blindfold." He sits down. "Go Anywhere."

"Anywhere?"

Friend outlines the whole world map, "ANYWHERE! If you wanna go there, I'll go with you. Besides, I still gotta wait for those test results to come back from my latest research project in Antarctica. And that will likely take a while. Mainly because a environmental charity organization was helping to fund the expedition, and we're having trouble finding who should get their share. Oh sorry, Scientist... Antarctica Scientist..." He seems to forget I can't fully understand him. Maybe this is a sign that we're already bonding?

I think to myself. There's so many options and every inch of the map looks drastically different. Where am I to go? I decide to pick at random, "There."

"The United States? Good choice! Boston it is!"

"Boston?"

"You'll see it when we get there. So now, to book a flight."

Friend took me to a large building with lots of transparency and lots of people. It was overwhelming but also fun at the same time. I think about everything that lead up to the moment I'm experiencing now. Because at the moment, I'm looking outside of a strange flying structure which Friend calls a "Plane". I've never been more amazed in my life. Even though I've already seen the Earth's atmosphere, to take off like this and see the rest of the world get so tiny, it's gratifying! Yet since we aren't going back into space on this flight, I'm totally fine with it! Then I see a bunch of fluffy white vapor pass me by.