Arc III: Ocean of Optimism

After our life-changing trip to Boston, we decided to return 'home' to Sydney. At this point, I've accepted this city as my new home for the time being. The night after we arrived home, I saw the opera for the first time. It was astonishing to say the least. It is hard to put into words, but if I were to try and explain, I'd say it's like the collective souls of many lifeforms coming together to form some sort of melody. In fact, more and more throughout my

journey, I've become more and more enamored with these 'Sounds' which my Friend calls 'Music'. It gives me this magical feeling unlike anything I've ever experienced before. It inspires me, it enlightens me, it understands me. Any form of it I love.

"Oi, Friend, looks like my test results from Antarctica came back," Friend begins. "Sheesh, it looks like much of the glaciers have melted down there. Global warming sure has taken its toll. However, we're seeing a recovery from last time, so that's great news! Little by little, we're fixing this!"

"Global... Warming...?"

"Earth—HEAT!" He acts like he's being burned by something, like a star. "Much Heat! Mate, y'know that Body o' Water that we traveled across on the boat to Australia from Antarctica? Wanna see that Body o' Water again? Go Body of Water Again?"

I nod, "Yes! I Want Go!"

"Alright then, let's go on a little vacation! Vacation... Break..." He loosens up his expression like he's relaxing (maybe that is what break means?).

We head down towards the Body of Water, or actually I think the correct term is 'Ocean'. We head down to the Ocean which borders a long strip of beige minerals. This area is apparently known as 'Bondi Beach'. Friend takes our belongings down and puts his hand inside the beige minerals. They are so tiny that they trickle off his hand.

"SAND!" He says in amazement. I excitedly approach the Body of Water. However, I am smacked in the face with it at soon as I try to enter.

"OI, WHAT ARE YA DOIN'?!" Friend worries for me. "Ya can't just run straight into the waves!"

"It OK!" I assure him. "I fine!"

I let my wings feel the water. It is quite cold compared to everything cold, but I've handled much MUCH worse. I decide to take a dip inside and find an entirely different world within. I recall being here when I was chasing the black-winged lifeforms. However, the color of the water is a little different. I feel little creatures nibbling at my skin, which feels really funny. Although, I don't want to leave Friend alone for too long, so I return to shore. There I find him digging up small white shelled lifeforms in the sand called 'sand crabs'. However, we take care not to harm them.

That night.....................

"Fun day, right-o?" He asks me with an Excited expression.

"Right-o?"

"Right-o! Like Yes!"

"Right-o!"

"Check this out! I got this little movie that I wanted us to watch!"

"Movie?"

"Photo... Moving Photo..." He spins his hands around to signal something moving and uses a photo of himself for reference. He shows me this Movie using a rectangular black electric-charged box. "You see this?" He put on a movie called 'Ice Breaker' from 2004. "This Documentary! Animal Documentary!" After a while, I see a picture of the many black-winged lifeforms I saw which are apparently called 'penguins' along with the person in this Documentary named 'Steve Irwin'. Then, it all comes back to me."