Arc IV: We're All Idols

Lights begin flashing everywhere, with everyone else holding glowing rods of some kind. The room emanates movement. This is 'rhythym'? Many people go onto this 'stage' and begin to sing just like the people at the Sydney Opera House, except their style is totally different. Everyone cheers and waves their glowing rods, their eyes fixed to the stage. They all seem to care for this person. After watching that Japanese concert, I beg the question: "People Inspire Other People? How?"

"Our interpretations of others are what we in turn wish to see upon ourselves," Friend begins. "Some call them 'role models'. It seems like the more I talk to you, the more I learn about the world as a whole, even if you can't understand most of what I'm saying. I'm trying to ease you into actual conversation. Don't pay attention to the words, that's never the point. But you, you came here from another world. Us humans often take so much for granted when we never consider an outlandish possibility such as being lost in space. It may be a silly example, but it represents our obsession with our own point-of-few. That is not a guilt-ridden accusation, it is simply the truth of the human mind. While yes, all people can only technically see through their own eyes, they often need to feel the emotions of others to figure their own. That Is Empathy. Emotions Of Others In You."

"In Me? But How? I Don't Know Others!"

"It Doesn't Matter If You Know Them Or Not! All lifeforms form a kind of bond to one another at some point. Since you've been isolated from all contact with other lifeforms for so long, you struggle to understand seeing things in others which you can app,u to yourself. That's what these 'concerts' are. We're watching people just like me go up on that glimmering stage and do us all a favor by singing their hearts out, showing their talent, their passion. Us humans need interaction with other humans in order to feel loved, or noticed or even form a basis for ourselves. Self-actualization is what humans naturally strive for, being one's ideal self. You can be inspired, form a goal or image for yourself which you aspire to reach and transform into, a palette you hope to attain. That is our intrinsic motivation, a set version of ourselves we hope to reach. We often see part of these set versions of ourselves in other people. However, they also have these set versions of themselves, their own aspirations. They are human just as I am. Everything you and I have talked of thus far, whether we have fully understood each other or not, has all fallen into a pattern of knowledge. All of it can be gained and used together to create new knowledge. Life, philosophy, a single's person's beliefs, none are a single set of principles, rather many different ones that build on each other. I... I'm gonna be honest with you, Angel... I... I'm a little sad about the current state of our world... By that I mean how humans generally view the world these days... In the end, nothing has changed what lifeforms value... So it pains me down to my soul when I see people say that the world is becoming worse and worse... Over the course of human history, hasn't the human race at least become more aware of itself? Some people act as if the new generation is doomed, when there is nothing backing that up, just simply others' own pessimism. You see, it is not our values that have changed, it is the way in which we discover and utilize them. With things like the internet, negativity can become widespread, as can positivity. The circumstances may have changed, but we still look up to others, we still join in places we feel comfortable, places we feel we belong in. Yet the identity behind others has been at times relegated to a bunch of text. Although this is not as if this is the first people have been lied to, scammed or hurt by the words of others. One way or another, things have always been this way. The mind doesn't simply create thoughts, it adapts to circumstances and processes the information over its life to create its own mindset on the world around it. Everything it sees, does, feels, influences it. Has our society been 'corrupted', when we're still hating on each other, we're still accusing each other, we still hold prejudice towards one another, yet we still show affection and interest towards each other? Is it not; in essence, the way things have always been? The same goes for our idols. Now we can see and know more about them than ever, and use their lives as somewhat of a reference point to ours."