Prologue: The Cold and Monotonous Abyss of Space

A Joyful Little Planet Called Earth (Original Story)

(Started writing on March 23, 2023)

Prologue: The Cold and Monotonous Abyss of Space

I am a star. I fly across the cosmos hoping that one day someone will see me shine. The light from inside of myself emanates through the entire universe, and even I can sense it from some other lifeforms. From what I can accurately remember, for the past several thousand years, I've searched for these other lifeforms, and I seem to get closer and closer to reaching them every day. Yet, as it stands currently, I have yet to reach them. But I still hold onto hope, knowing that one day I will encounter these new, hopeful lifeforms. You're probably wondering where I'm from now, aren't you? Well I don't know to be honest. I remember coming from a realm of light upon which I shall return in about a couple decades time. I don't know any other specifics than that. So let me start from the beginning of what I can remember..... I spent my earliest days of memory in the far expanses of Outer Space in a galaxy called JADES-GS-z13-0. It is there where I first recall having white wings on my back.

From there, I eventually moved to GN-z11 in the constellation of Ursa Major. You're also probably wondering how I was able to travel between galaxies so fast. Well, the thing is, my wings have an acceleration feature which can take me a light travel distance of a lookback time of up to billions of years. Technically, that also means I'm a time traveler. However, I know I was sent to this universe for a reason. Yet that reason hasn't yet occurred to me... My only guess is that it involves those sources of light which were coming from billions of lightyears away, the same ones I've been looking for ever since. But... there was something about deep outer space that left me feeling so empty... It is almost indescribable... I don't mean I was depressed or losing hope... I just almost felt like I was the only existing thing besides the Creator of this world... I wonder if another lifeform besides the Creator can in any way attempt to understand my silent suffering. It's an awful and lonely feeling, yet I always remind myself of my goal. So I kept on traveling and found even more galaxies with amazing displays of matter. I went from Whirlpool to Andromeda to Cartwheel to Black Eye. Yet I still found nothing but—well... space... Space to do nothing in particular. Some might think this is the peace they always wish for, but I cannot understand that feeling. I do not even understand how I can fathom that thought, never having thought that myself. There were also many times I nearly got sucked in by black holes, but my acceleration was able to outrun them. I know, it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. These wings are my savior. I must have gotten them from the light dimension I mentioned earlier.

Eventually, I made a very long and grueling trip to a galaxy known as the Big Dipper. When I got there, I felt the energy coming from those other lifeforms become stronger than ever. But even while I fly so close to my goal, I still feel this simple yet deep sense of—boredom. That's the best way I can describe it. Everything just becomes the same to me after so many millennia. Yet I pressed on, hoping that I may find something that will truly impress me as I head closer to the sources of hope. So after traveling just a little more, I found a galaxy known as the Milky Way. I first found many ice giant planets, far away from the center of this solar system. I kept on going and found some gas giants, one with a crystallized ring of sorts. The more and more I pressed on, the stronger I felt the presence of other lifeforms. This made me extremely elated as I approached something fresh, new and full of organic life. For a while I camped out on a planet closeby to the sun, but when it got too hot, I would go all the way back to the ice giants. When it got too cold, I'd go back to Mercury. It may seem unnecessary, but I felt a rush when I no longer felt nothing but one cold. But this cold and this hot are completely different than in the other galaxies. Although eventually I wanted a more consistent atmosphere, so I decided to camp out on a rocky orange planet. However, I found something unbelievable there. After searching the planet for a couple hundred years, I found some sort of moving object. However, it wasn't organic. It was made of metallic parts of the same things the rest of the galaxy are made of. Yet it moves similar to how I did, not like the asteroids I had encountered before. It is remarkable that I was able to discover that being in such little time. At that moment, I knew my goal was just around the corner. It was then when I spotted a small blue and green planet. I had never seen a planet like it before. While the rocky planet had some similarities, this was still completely different. My eyes filled with stars as I gazed at that planet's atmosphere. I could feel the hopeful presence of other lifeforms stronger than ever before. That leads me to today. I am currently right outside this planet's atmosphere, preparing to enter.