【 𝑇𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤 】

〖 𝑇𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒 〗: 𝑀𝑒𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑐

〖 𝑆𝑦𝑛𝑜𝑝𝑠𝑖𝑠 〗: Your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, allowing you to reunite with Charlie after all these years

〖 𝑊𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 〗: nsfw 18+, slight age gap, light angst, charlie's pov, slight dirty talk, unprotected sex, creampie, fingering

✧✧✧

Rain patters against the roof of Swan Auto Repair, and the smell of motor oil, grease, and the remnants of old coffee fills the air. Charlie sits slumped at his desk in the back office of his shop, his head propped against his arm wrinkling the papers underneath. His faded flannel shirt is worn and rolled up to his elbows, exposing his oil-smudged hands and forearms. A distant ringing pulls him further out of his slumber and he blinks blearily as he attempts to regain his senses.

He sits up with a groan, his back aching from his uncomfortable position. His steps toward the reception area are uncoordinated and he stumbles a little as he reaches for the phone on the wall.

He picks up the phone and presses it against his ear.

"Swan Auto" he answers, his voice thick with sleep.

"Charlie?" your voice rings out on the other line.

He straightens at the sound of your voice, and he's surprised his heart didn't lurch out of his chest. He can't remember the last time he heard your voice, but it sounds just like it did the day you left.

He forces himself out of his thoughts. "Been a while. Everything okay?"

Your voice quivers as you speak. "I'd be better if my car didn't break down in the middle of the night. Would you be willing to give an old friend a tow?"

He likes to think you were more than old friends. The nights you used to spend tangled in his sheets surely meant something to him.

"Where are you?"

He holds the phone with his shoulder as he searches for his jacket. You rattle off your location, which is mostly just a combination of landmarks.

"Stay where you are. I'll be there soon," he says before hanging up. He grabs his jacket from a nearby coat rack and heads toward his tow truck. He wonders if you've changed at all. Forks had been a constant in his life, even after it felt like his world had been turned upside down by your departure. He figured the same could be applied to him. He hadn't changed except for a few more gray hairs and the sense not to get attached.

He sighs as he climbs into his ancient tow truck. It sputters to life, and Charlie begins his drive towards your location.

He pulls in front of your car on the side of the road and hardly has enough time to throw it in park before he jumps out to meet you. You're standing near your car, soaked to the bone.

"Charlie!" you call as you head toward his truck.

He wraps an arm around your shoulder and ushers you toward the passenger side of his truck. He practically shoves you in the seat before slamming the door behind you.

He clambers into his truck, grateful to be out of the rain. He turns to look at you, taking in your appearance. The rain had soaked through your clothes, forcing them to cling tightly to your form. He can't help his gaze from wandering, watching as water trickles down your neck and dips between the valley of your breasts.

"You're drenched," he says, forcing himself to look anywhere else but your tits. Your teeth begin to chatter and he reaches over to turn the heat up.

"Why didn't you just wait in the car?" he questions, his voice rough but not unkind.