𝒮𝓉𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇

The day had been long. You felt the weight of it in your bones as you dropped your keys on the table by the door, letting out a sigh that you'd been holding in for what seemed like hours. Work had been overwhelming, and every little thing felt like it was teetering on the edge of chaos. The endless cycle of emails, meetings, and the pressure to perform had drained you to the core.

Your shoulders were tense, and the headache creeping at your temples was only getting worse. You kicked off your shoes, barely noticing where they landed, and trudged into the living room, wanting nothing more than to collapse on the couch and disappear into the cushions.

But then you heard it—soft music coming from the record player. It was one of those soothing tunes Eric liked to play, something mellow and calming. Your heart fluttered at the thought of him. He always seemed to know when you needed a little peace, even without you having to say it.

As you rounded the corner into the living room, there he was. Eric was sitting on the couch, his dark curls slightly tousled, his face lighting up the moment he saw you. "Hey, sweetheart," he said softly, patting the space next to him. "Rough day?"

You didn't have to answer. He could see it in your eyes, the way your shoulders slumped, the way you carried the weight of the world on your back. Without a word, you crossed the room and sank down beside him, your body immediately leaning into his warmth.

Eric wrapped his arm around you, pulling you close. His touch was like magic, instantly melting away some of the tension. You rested your head against his shoulder, breathing in the familiar scent of him—something safe and grounding.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, his voice gentle, his fingers tracing lazy circles on your arm.

For a moment, you couldn't find the words. It was as if the stress had knotted up inside you, too tangled to unravel in one go. "It's just... everything," you finally managed. "Work's been insane. I feel like I can't keep up with anything. Like no matter how hard I try, it's never enough." The words tumbled out before you could stop them, your frustration finally finding an outlet.

Eric didn't interrupt. He listened, his hand never stopping its comforting path along your arm, grounding you with every stroke. "I get it," he said quietly. "That sounds exhausting."

You nodded, feeling a lump form in your throat. "It is. I just... I don't know how to deal with it right now."

He pressed a kiss to the top of your head, his lips lingering there for a moment. "You don't have to deal with it alone," he murmured against your hair. "I'm here, okay? We'll figure it out."

Those words—so simple yet so full of love—made your chest tighten. You blinked back the tears that had been threatening to spill over since you walked through the door. It wasn't that you needed a solution right now; you just needed him.

"Come here," Eric said, his voice soft and tender. He shifted on the couch, tugging you gently so you were lying across his lap. You felt his hands brush through your hair, soothing the stress away, his fingers working carefully through the knots.

The room was quiet except for the faint hum of the record spinning in the background and the soft sound of Eric's breathing. You closed your eyes, letting the sensation of his touch sink into you, each stroke of his fingers like a balm to your weary soul.

"How about we take it easy tonight?" Eric suggested after a few minutes, his voice low and comforting. "I can make us some dinner, we can watch a movie, or just sit here like this for as long as you need."

You smiled faintly, your eyes still closed. "That sounds perfect."

Eric leaned down and kissed your forehead, his lips warm against your skin. "You're doing amazing, you know that?" he whispered, his words filled with sincerity. "Even when it feels like it's all too much, you're stronger than you think."

The knot in your chest loosened a little more at his words. It was moments like this that reminded you why you loved him so deeply—his unwavering support, his way of making you feel safe even when the world was crashing down around you.

"Thank you," you whispered back, your voice thick with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'll never have to find out," Eric said with a soft chuckle, pressing another kiss to your forehead. "I've got you."

You felt a warmth spread through you, like the stress of the day was being slowly lifted away with each gentle touch, each soft word. Eric's presence was like a calm in the storm, a steady anchor that kept you from being swept away by the tide of stress and worry.

For the first time all day, you felt yourself begin to relax. The tension in your muscles started to ease, and the headache that had been throbbing behind your eyes began to fade. You took a deep breath, feeling the warmth of Eric's body beneath you, the steady rhythm of his breathing, and let yourself sink into the comfort of the moment.

As the night stretched on, you stayed like that—wrapped in each other's arms, the world outside fading into the background. And in that quiet space, with Eric's hands brushing through your hair and the soft music playing in the background, you found the peace you had been searching for all day.

You were home.