01

My cold hands curls into a fist as I stare blankly at the hugebironngates of the Blackwood Academy. Black, just like the people here. My breaths turn smaller and sharper as I walk into the school. I am sure as hell that this school is build on the graves of innocent.

Just a year had passed, but the memory of brother stays fresh in my mind. It feels like it was yesterday when he was buried six feet deep into the ground. My brother Ethan Hawthorne, now is gone. And what all is left behind is his stuff and memory. My fingers tighten on the diary, my brother always carried with him. There was no proof in the small diary of showing that he committed a suicide. No note, no warning, nothing.

But, Blackwood Academy ruled my brother's demise as a suicide. And now that I am here, I will prove that it is nothing but suicide.

I stomps into the school with the diary and luggage in my hand. Just like it's name the school was painted black and even the trees stood naked with it's edgy branches scaring away the birds. The only bird that has guts to fly around the school is a crow. Not only that, but the garden of the school is also empty as if no one really studies here. Why my brother would like a place like this? The answer is simple, because he was the emo kid and I supposed to be the brighter one. Cheering the day where the clouds turned gloomy.

And now the gloom stays.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day this school openly holds the ceremony of witchcraft.

"Are you lost?" On an instant, startled by the intruder my fist swings towards the source of a voice and is stopped by the boy standing in a white shirt and black formal pants. His currly hair falls on his jet black eyes as he stops my fist with the palm.

Suspect number: 1
Reason: Dresses as if he is attending a funeral.

"Your instsinct is good, but not your fist. You are probably gonna fracture it if don’t place your thumb like this." He rumbles out as if testing the water for the first time and shows me how to make a fist. Another reason, I shall add in it.

This was the first someone sneaked behind me and I didn't get a whiff of the person. Either he is too quiet, or I am beginning to loses my senses after entering this school. His half face hidden under a black mask, making his voice come out a rumble.

"Back to my question, are you lost?"

"Why do you assume I am lost?" I challenge him with my eyes as I stare at his jet black eyes. His aura, if I sniff it correctly, then it smells like a lurking shadow of death.

"No one in there right mind would enter Blackwood Academy."He roams his eye around the huge building and its four tall towers as if he knows behind the secret of this school. Clearly what I need.

"And why would you assume that-"

"Lena Hawthorne." A sharp rumble of deep voice cuts me off and I turn to face the old man, who stands as if he just landed on the ground from his precious royal palace. Everything about the man screams royalty, from the way his grey hairs is styled to the shoes he is wearing.

"Welcome to the Balckwood Academy. Your parents called me about informing that you would like to stay in the dormitory." He raises his eye thick eyebrow in question and the way he squints his eyes. It feels like he is looking for a satan in disguise.

"That's true, I thought about renting an apartment, but that would be just too much. So I changed my mind." My voice tightens on the edge as I finally realise, what in the good world of bad people I am doing.

I standing in the middle of the place, which haunts my soul. The same place which is the sole reason of the death of my brother and a part of me, which is gone with him.

"And here I thought you were smart." The boy from earlier, states and walks away into the building on the top of the building a grey flag waves into the air.

"What he is saying?" I asks pointing in the direction he went.

"I am sorry on his behalf, but here's an advice Lena if you would like to take. Stay away from him. Infact, now that you have enrolled here, just know stay away from boys. Girls shouldn't befriend them." He states simply and leads me to his cabin. His words were strained, as if told too many times, but the strange thing about it is, the way he changed the topic. And why on earth a dean would apologize on the behalf of a kid.

"Then you shouldn't have built a co-ed school." I reply with sweet smile plastered on my face.

Bravo Lena. Proud of you.

"Things would have been different, if it would be in my hand. Alas, I am new here like you. And is currently trying to take things in my hands." His voice booms into the eerie silence of the corridor as we walk into the semi dark place and enters his room.

"I don't want to gossip, but curiosity kills the cat." I mutters and waits for him to hand me stuff, so I can settle down and start the mission for what I was here.

"My brother died due to a heart stroke and I have to stand in his place. Because his son is, let's it is confidential matter." He smiles ans began typing something in the computer. Probably my details. Few moments after, as I tighten my hands on my luggage, he hisses and covers his mouth.

"You room number is 414, take is slip and give it to your warden. You will found her, when you enter your dormitory. Also, here's your schedule. Good luck on Political Major." He speaks in daze passing me my things.

"Thank you." I politely thanks him and began to walk out when he calls me.
"Ms. Hawthorne,"

"One more thing I forgot to make clear is. Never believe what you see, there is always a background story of any action."

My hearts thus aloud. What does he means by that? As I walks out of his cabin and nearly crashes into a blond boy who grins then speaks.

"Well, I shall not, in any circumstances, apologize, but because the girl standing infront of me is gorgeous, I let my guards down. I am sincerely sorry, on colliding with you." He speaks as if he belongs to the royal title.

But the way his eyes shines and he half bows then saunters inside the room. He loses the title of suspect before even gaining it.

My first suspect is that strange boy with black eyes and another one is this principle. His words were strange.