Chapter : 31 Wrong Move

The woman for whom Chandni had risked everything, the person for whom she had come to save Armaan, the one she called her mother, was now lying lifeless in her lap

The woman for whom Chandni had risked everything, the person for whom she had come to save Armaan, the one she called her mother, was now lying lifeless in her lap. Chandni had not blinked once. She just sat there, staring at Puja's face.

Raghav was feeling extremely guilty at this moment. He blamed himself. He shouldn't have brought Chandni here. Even though she had insisted, Armaan grabbed Chandni's hand and forcibly made her stand up. Chandni was still not in her senses.

"Chandni, listen..." Armaan started to say, but before he could continue, Chandni fainted in his arms. Armaan caught her before she fell.

Armaan gave a direct order, "Raghav, prepare for the funeral," and without another word, he picked up Chandni in his arms and walked straight to his car.

The dark night, which had taken a life, passed, but it was about to cast a deep shadow over a few lives. The impact of that night was yet to be seen, and it would affect certain lives profoundly. Which lives would be affected by this dark night was something only time would reveal.

Chandni was staring at the burning pyre of Puja. She had never imagined that she would ever see her Puja Maa like this-dying in front of her eyes, burning in front of her eyes, leaving in front of her eyes. And today, she was witnessing it.

From the moment Puja had breathed her last in Chandni's arms, not a word had escaped Chandni's mouth.

She had come here without saying anything, and Armaan hadn't made any effort to stop her or talk to her. After a while, the pyre had burned out. Everything was over. The shadow of her Puja Maa had left Chandni's life.

Armaan gently held Chandni's wrist and started to take her away. As they stepped out of the cremation ground, it started to rain.

Looking at Chandni, Armaan said, "Get inside." Chandni didn't reply, nor did she get inside. Armaan placed his hand on her shoulder and said, "I told you to get inside."

"This happened because of you, right?" Chandni's words caused Armaan's expression to completely change. He looked at her with cold eyes.

Staring into his eyes, Chandni said again, "This happened because of you, didn't it? She took the bullet to save you, Armaan. She would have survived if she hadn't tried to save you. She would have survived if she hadn't taken the bullet. The attack wouldn't have happened if she didn't know you. The attack happened because of you. It was because of you-first Pulkit, then Kabir-everything happened because of you."

Armaan didn't say anything, just looked at Chandni without any emotion.

Chandni screamed, "I asked you something! I want an answer! This all happened because of you, didn't it?"

"Tell me, what answer do you want? Tell me, what do you want to hear?" Armaan asked calmly.

Chandni, in anger, replied, "I want to hear the truth, Armaan. I want to know the truth. Now I understand that I shouldn't be with you. Because of you, Armaan-because of you, my Puja Maa is no longer in this world. She took the bullet to save you, only to save you. If she hadn't tried to save you, she would be with me right now, happy. Only because of you, I've lost my mother's protection."