Chapter 2: Wolf Den

El and I walk through the back door of the bar and get met with the bar owner, Tony.

"Good afternoon girlies, ready for another night?" His green eyes glancing up at us and back down to the money he was counting.

"Aren't we always?" I laugh.

"How's it been today?" El asks as she hangs her keys in her locker.

"Quiet." He replies before giving us both a smirk.

"Big T, if you hate us, you could just say that." I smart back with a hand on my hip, as El groans before hissing a "why would you say that?!"

He chuckles, "you two are my only bartenders that can handle a wild night, so I always try to make sure it happens to you two."

"What you got up your sleeve Tony?" El asks, eyeing him suspiciously.

"There's a big...convention of sorts." Tony starts, choosing his words carefully for some reason.

"And what does that have to do with us?" I ask with a side eye as I put a fresh coat of gloss on my lips.

"That means you'll probably have newcomers tonight, and you better play nice with them."

"Or what? Are they gonna bite us?" El laughs with a roll of her brown orbs.

"Maybe. They do have deep pockets though, so I trust my best girls will make sure this joint has money busting out of the seams tonight?" He asks, eyeing us both.

"Of course we will, we like tips just as much as we like the bar marking money." El shrugs.

"Not me, I like it more." I laugh.

"So be on your best behavior tonight then Ladies, Cora, that means no fighting the customers." He gives me a side eye.

"That was one time and he asked for that ass beating!" I defend myself.

"Im sure he did and I will always side with you all, but tonight please try to keep it civil. This is a dangerous group, so I have Hunter, Caleb, and Andrew on security tonight. Every door has one of them at it and if you need them you know to use the horn to get their attention." He stands up, putting the money into a safe deposit bag and stuffing it back into the safe.

"I do love the clown horn." I laugh, "nobody expects it and then when security throws them out it's so funny, the regulars call it getting clowned."

El giggles, "It's my favorite part of working the bar."

I grab the register drawer and El grabs some cleaning spray and towels from the back and we head out front to an empty bar. We set everything up and make sure all the cups and things are clean before the 9pm rush starts.

*2 hours later.

I flip the bottom of Jack in my hand, pouring up 8 shots before setting them on the counter for our regular before rushing over to the computer and adding them to his tab. Elowen is popping tabs off bottles before sliding them onto a tray and carrying them to a table. The night so far had been fairly calm, a few new people had been coming in and out, all of them seemingly dark and dangerous men, not a single woman had came yet.

"Cora! Can I get a beer?" Chris shouted from the end of the bar.

"Sure Chris!" I typed it into the computer and added it onto his tab before grabbing the hose and filling his mug, sliding it down the bar and right into his hand.

The door bell rings again as another man comes in, settling into a booth in the back corner of the bar. I fill up a few tequila shots for the bachelorette table next to him and pack them over, dropping them off to the giggling and wild girls.