Chapter 1: Introductions

Beep, beep, beep!

I roll over with a groan, snatching my IPhone from my nightstand and swiping my alarm to off. 8 am just comes way too early some mornings when you don't get off work until last call at 3 am.

I stand up, stretching and trying to come alive before heading to a hot shower. I close the bathroom door, turning the water onto the hottest setting before stripping my clothes and stepping in. Once I've done an everything shower, (the girls who get it, get it), I step out, wrapping my hair in a microfiber towel and my body in a fluffy one. I grab some lotion from under the sink, applying it before heading back to my bedroom to finish getting ready.

I sit down at my vanity and apply some makeup to accentuate my dark brown eyes and smooth skin. I let down my chocolate brown hair, brushing it out and blow drying it before leaving it to hang down in long layers. I pull on some stretchy shorts and a cute crop top before I hear a pounding on my bedroom door.

"Coraline!! We are going to be late!" I hear my best friend Elowen yell before I hear her run down the hallway. I grab my shoes, sliding them onto my feet before grabbing my phone and backpack and running out the door.

Elowen tosses me a banana and a Red Bull as I grab the keys to my Tahoe and we rush out the door. I climb inside the vehicle and start it as I watch her rush out the door with her own backpack, banana, and red bull, stopping to lock our front door behind her. Her hair is hanging down in dark spiral curls, she was wearing a pair of leggings with a t shirt and tennis shoes. She hops into the passenger seat of my ride and we head off to our local college where we are both trying to get a degree to become veterinarians.

"Last night was insane." Elowen says as we drive down the street towards the highway.

"It really was, I can't believe we had to get security to throw Richard out." I laugh in return.

El and I work for a local dive bar, Wolf Den, as bartenders here in the beautiful town of Sarasota, Florida. We both started working there as soon as we turned twenty-one and it has been an absolute blast from our first night there 6 months ago. We love our regulars and they love us.

"I hate morning classes." El groans as we pull into student parking at the college.

"I do too, I'm just thankful we didn't have 8 ams this year." I agree as I put the Tahoe in park. We both get out, gathering our things as I sip my Red Bull. We walk up the sidewalk toward our first class laughing about the wild night we had before.

**8 hours later.

"Finally, classes are done for today." El sighs as we climb back into my Tahoe.

"No joke, now we have enough time to grab some dinner, go home and change, and then go to work."

"How about Mexican for dinner? I could go for some Queso." She asks as she swipes through her phone.

"Oh yeah I could go for some Queso." I nod in agreement, "let's DoorDash it so we have time to get ready for work." I add looking at the time and noticing it's already almost 6 and we have to clock in at 8.

"Sounds perfect, chicken nachos?" She asks as she pulls up DoorDash on her phone as I'm pulling the Tahoe into the driveway of our coastal house.

"Yes, sounds yum." I say as I unlock our door, us walking in and ditching our shoes by the door. I walk into my bedroom, sitting my backpack by my desk. I go over to my walk in closet, looking through to find something cute to wear to work, the better we look, the better the tips are. I grab a cute crop top that says "somebody's bomb ass bartender" and a pair of high rise wrangler distressed Jean shorts. I change into my clothes and go over to my vanity. I wave my hair with my beach waver, leaving it to hang down in long layers down my back. I add a winged eyeliner to my eyes and darken the eyeshadow a little, making sure my makeup looks fresh for my shift. I spray some perfume and reapply some deodorant as it's always hot in the bar.

"Food is here!" I hear El yell as she closes the front door back.

"Coming!" I yell back, before putting on some cute beer mug earrings to go with my outfit and heading out to the kitchen to eat. Elowen had already set our trays out and opened them as I sit down in front of my nachos and grab a straw for my drink, "this was a good choice, looks good!"

El takes a bite from her burrito and moans, "it's soooo good!"

I laugh at her before we settle into a comfortable silence while we eat. Once we finish eating I cleaned the mess up and headed into my bedroom to swipe on some red lipstick and gloss to make my look complete, I grab my Nike dunks from my shoe rack and slip them on before heading back into the living room to wait on El.

I check my Apple Watch, 7:35 pm. "Come on El! We are gonna be late!" I yell as I slide my phone into my back pocket.

"Coming! I'm coming!" She comes running into the room, grabbing her keys and sliding her combat boots on her feet as we rush to leave. Her outfit is made up of a cute corset top and leather miniskirt, complete with a necklace stack and diamond studs in her ears.

"You look pretty!" I say as we head out to her new Toyota Camry she had named Sheila.

"So do you!" She says as she climbs into the drivers seat and I get into the passenger seat.

"I hope tonight goes by quick, I'm ready for bed." I say as we hit the freeway.

"Me too, hopefully it's a calm night." She nods in agreement.

"Yeah hopefully Richard doesn't get handsy again." I laugh, giving her a knowing look.

"Ugh he better not, that's the whole reason Chris beat him up last night." She rolls her eyes.

"Chris is the best." I laugh.

"He's like the bar dad." She giggles, "I was thankful for him last night though. Richard now has a hard limit of 3 drinks, after that he gets too brave."

"Noted." I smile as we pull into the Wolf Den and get ready to start another shift.

****A/N****

New book! Comment and vote so I want to keep going 🤣 Coraline in the media