Chapter 4: Mine

The jet lands smoothly, El and I standing to stretch, our wrists still cuffed together.

"How much longer are you going to leave us cuffed together?" El asks as we exit the Jet.

"Until I know you all aren't going to try to kill me." He shrugs.

"Well how do you plan for us to use the bathroom or shower?" I ask with a roll of my brown eyes.

"You two should have thought of that before you cuffed yourselves together." He shrugs as we file off the Jet.

Coming down the stairs, there was a blacked out SUV waiting for us, identical to the ones that had pulled over on the freeway when we tried to make our escape. Cory opened the back door, motioning for El and I to get inside, "your carriage awaits princesses."

El and I both cringe but she speaks first, "do not call us that."

I add on with, "you sure aren't Prince Charming."

He rolls his eyes, "today ladies." As he taps his foot impatiently.

El and I get in, because I mean, what other choice do we have. Cory gets in the passenger seat as the vehicle starts to pull away. The man driving is tall, his blonde hair and vibrant green eyes very different from the dark and rugged men we have seen so far. Nobody speaks to us except for Cory, and I'm not sure if it's because I apparently belong to him or if it's a respect situation because of him being Alpha or whatever he is.  After about forty-five minutes of drive time, we pull onto a gravel road that leads back to a mansion style cabin. The cabin is probably the largest building I have ever seen, and definitely the most beautiful one I've ever laid my eyes on. El and I stare mesmerized by the size and beauty of the property and cabin as we pull into the bay style garage. Cory exits the vehicle, coming back and opening the back door on my side so El and I could get out.

I slide out of the vehicle carefully and wait for El as we are still cuffed together, before we follow Cory into the Cabin. He leads us down a maze of hallways and up a few flights of stairs before stopping in front of a huge wooden door.

"This will be your alls room. It will be guarded, and you aren't permitted to come out unless your guard is with you." Cory says as he unlocks the door and pushes it open.

"We don't need babysat." I roll my eyes, El huffing alongside me. 

Cory glares at me, "in case the memo hasn't stuck sweetheart, you're in a wolf den for real now. Not just some dive bar. Everyone here can kill you and not even think twice about it. The only way you're safe here is with my guards and under my authority."

"I promise a bunch of pups don't scare us." I shrug him off, he's not using his scare tactics on me.

He shrugs, "you don't have to believe me. You're my mate, and I plan on showing you what all that entails very soon." An evil smirk gracing his handsome face before he turns, "oh, I have a meeting to attend. I hope you all enjoy each others company while I'm gone." He laughs as he is walking out of the door and shutting it behind him.

"So....now what?" El asks as we both flop down on the bed in the room.

"Now we have to figure out how to get out of these cuffs." I say as I look around, the room is pretty much empty besides a bed, two nightstands with lamps, a dresser, and two doors. One door leads to a closet and the other looks like an en-suite bathroom.

"I bet the keys are in his pocket." El huffs as we stand up walking around the room and checking all the drawers in the night stands and dresser, all of them empty.

"Most likely." I nod in agreement, "but I bet there is another set somewhere else."

El nods, "yeah well we are locked in here so how do you plan to find them?"