Chapter 5: Mate Bond

El and I share a glance with each other as Cory takes the handcuffs off us carefully before stepping back to allow us to stand up.

"Thank you." Elowen smiles, "this has been so much fun but I'm afraid Cora and I must be on our way." She grabs my arm, dragging me frantically to the door and we bolt, running down the stairs. We run down multiple flights of stairs, feeling like we would never reach the bottom. We run as fast as our legs will take us, seemingly have gotten the one-up on the guys as they are nowhere to be seen. We close in on the door, my hand reaching for the handle before I'm roughly pushed against the door and We both let out a squeal of surprise.

I'm pressed against the door, face first when goosebumps erupt down my body from the close contact with the man behind me.

"I have to admit you girls are fast, but not nearly fast enough." His smug tone makes me want to reach up and smack him, but he has both my hands behind my back in one of his hands. His other hand reaches up, pulling my hair back so I look up at his face, "We are mates Coraline, there is no one other than me, so stop trying to get away."

"Let her go!" El yells as she struggles in Devon's arms, "Let me go too!" She adds as she thrashes in his arms.

"Calm down El, you two are safe with us. We would never hurt our mates." Devon says as he wraps his arms tighter around Elowen, pulling her body flush with his. "We would literally die without you."

"Let me go." I glare at Cory, "I won't try to escape, just let me go." His icy blue eyes stare down at me, analyzing to see if I'm lying or not before his hands leave my body and he steps back, giving me space but still staying close enough to grab me if I decide to dart again.

Devon also releases Elowen, her coming to stand beside me as I cross my arms over my chest, "since it appears we aren't going to be able to go anywhere, does the shower and food offer still stand?"

Cory cracks a smile, the first time I've seen him with any emotion aside from annoyance, "Yes."

Devon holds his hand out to El, "come on, I'll show you to our room."

She gives him a look of confusion, "our room?"

"Of course, we are mates so obviously we will be sharing a room." He says in a 'duh' tone.

Cory holds his hand out, "come on."

I ignore his hand, motioning for him to lead the way. I follow him back upstairs, expecting to be taken back to the room we had previously been in. He leads me up multiple flights of stairs, before coming to a big wooden door.

He fishes a key out of the pocket of his jeans before pushing it into the handle and turning it. The lock makes a clicking sound before he pushes the door open. We walk in, the room has light grey walls and dark hardwood floors, the balcony doors giving tons of natural light as they are only covered by sheer, floor-length curtains. The room smells like him, like something earthy and fresh-rain scented. He even smells manly and rugged.

The king sized bed in the center of the room caught my attention, the ruby-red satin bedding a nice contrast to the rest of the room. I notice two doors, one that must lead to an en-suite bathroom and another that must be a walk in closet. I turn to find him leaning against the door frame, his muscular build taking up most of the space as he rests his forearms above his head.

He is very attractive, the way his muscles bulge in the thin black T-shirt he's wearing, his jeans hanging low on his hips.

"Enjoying the view, Shortcake?" He asks as my eyes bounce back to his face, a smug smirk painted on his lips.

"Just assessing weak points, that's all." I scoff, I would never admit to him that he's attractive, "is this your room?"

He nods, stepping into the room the rest of the way and closing the door behind him, "this is the Alphas quarters."