Chapter 8: Good Morning

My eyes flutter open, the early morning light streaming in through the balcony doors and the windows. My body tenses, as I realize I just woke up in the bed and his arm is around my waist, holding me flush against his bare chest. The last thing I remember was watching tv on the couch, he must have moved me after I fell asleep.

"Good morning Shortcake" his morning voice rings through the air.

"Morning." I whisper back, trying not to have a panic attack as his arm pulls me closer and he nuzzles against the side of my neck.

"You slept well."

"Were you watching me sleep?" I ask turning to look at him.

"Maybe a little." He gives me a sly grin, "I did pack you over here to the bed after you fell asleep."

"I would have been fine on the couch."

"I wanted you with me. I finally have my mate, is it so wrong I wanted to cuddle you?" His icy eyes are soft and warm as he stares down at me.

A soft smile takes over my lips, a warm feeling spreading in my chest, "I suppose not."

He leans down, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead and then to my lips, "Helen brought your clothes back up this morning and some breakfast."

"That's very kind of her."

"How about that all expense paid shopping spree after breakfast?" He smiled, his blue eyes twinkling in the early morning light.

I smiled back, "that sounds wonderful."

*

"What even is this?" Cory asks, picking up the tub of sugar scrub I had just put in the cart along with all my other shower necessities.

"Sugar scrub." I say, grabbing a loofa and tossing it into the cart as well.

"What the fuck is it for?" He studies it, spinning the jar in his hands.

"It's an exfoliant." I giggle watching him, his brows knitted together in confusion.

"In English please?"

"It makes my skin soft." I roll my eyes at how manly he is, pushing the cart towards the makeup aisle.

"And do you really need 5 different types of body wash?"

"Those aren't all body wash, silly. It's body wash, body oil, body lotion, body scrub, and shaving cream."

"That seems excessive." He says, putting his hands on his hips as I start grabbing makeup.

"You told me to get what I needed, and no limit, remember?" I remind him with a sly smile.

"Oh I remember. I'm never going to financially recover from this." He shakes his head, a smile still on his lips.

"Gonna make his pockets hurt." I hum.

"Yeah the $500 in lemonleo or whatever that store was sure did make my pockets hurt."

"Lululemon" I laugh, "I can't help it, not my fault leggings are so expensive."

"Insane, not to mention the $478 in the shoe store."

"Well you didn't seem to complain about the $300 in Victoria secret if I remember correctly." I give him a side eye, tossing a few lip glosses in the cart.

"Well that's different." He shrugs, "that's going to benefit me." He drops a wink at me and I giggle in response, dropping some mascara into the cart.

"I'm only joking, I want you to have everything you want and need. That's why I said no limit, do your worst damage."

"I didn't think the werewolves were sugar daddies but hey, who I am to complain."

He laughs, shaking his head at my antics as I drop a few blushes and highlights into the cart. We stroll on down to the hair supplies where I grab a blow dryer, flat iron, beach waver, curling wand, and some heat protectant. I also grab a wet brush, a scalp massager, and a hair mask.

"I think the only other thing I need is some perfume." I stroll over to that section, picking up Daisy Love by Marc Jacob's and Sol de Janeiro Cheirosa number 62.

"You sure this is everything?" He asks as we start to head up front to check out of Ulta.

"I'm sure." I nod as the cashier starts ringing up my stuff.

"The total is $987.52" the cashier says as he looks at Cory and I. Cory swipes his card in the machine without even fluttering an eyelash. The receipt prints and he hands it to Cory as he starts grabbing some of my bags, "Thank you, have a good day!" I smile at the cashier.

"You have a good day too, Honey." He smiles back and Cory stiffens.

"Honey?" He asks glaring at the cashier.

"Oh I'm sorry Sir, I didn't mean anything by it." The cashier starts to apologize as I drag Cory out.

"Cory he didn't mean anything by it, calm down." I roll my eyes at his jealous behavior.

Cory puts all the bags into the trunk of his Range Rover that we had drove to the stores, the spacious trunk barely fitting everything we've bought today. He turns around, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me to him for a quick make out session right there in the parking lot where everybody could see.

"Do you feel better now?" I ask as he pulls his lips away from mine.

"Much." He gives me a smug smile as he opens the passenger door for me to get inside. I hop inside and buckle up as he rounds the vehicle and climbs into the driver side, buckling his seatbelt and starting the car. He pulls out of the parking space and back out onto the main road, the music softly humming in the background as we drive through the city. It took us about an hour to get here this morning from the cabin where we live.

"How about some food? I'm all shopped out."

"Food sounds nice." I agree.

"Where do you want to eat?"

"I don't know. What's around here?" I ask looking out the window.

"Mexican, Chinese, steak house, Italian?" He rattles off.

"Hmm, I don't know. You pick something." I shrug, not really in the mood for anything specific.

"Steak house? They have a variety there."

"That sounds perfect." I nod, leaning to turn the radio up.

I put my new sunglasses on, turning the radio up as "no broke boys" plays and roll the window down. All the stress leaving my body as Cory just lets me have my jam session.

****A/N***

Comment and vote!