Chapter 5

It always hurt to betray someone who trusted you, even more if you trusted them yourself, or have connected a close bond to them in a span of some days. But this was my job, the job who I had to do to for the sake of my clan.

If i didn't, our clan would be destroyed even with the other clans fighting side by side, the dragons won't have another war with us soon, from what we think. But we always had to prepare, they are all weird and unpredictable.

Weirdly enough, starclan had given us enough fighting skills that we cats are able to fight dragons, but there are too many dragons in the world that they live in, sure, they don't bring them all to the war. But it's still overpowering us. That's why my job matters.

It's best to choose the best warrior, of course, it was hard, it would do more then kill someone random, but good warriors know to trust nobody. The best way was to hope they were alone guarding the palace, or somewhere else who needed guarding, and kill them right there.

Feather never got caught, or else he had to escape immediately! The whole palace against him will make him a blind and deaf mouse compared to them, he was faster then them, but they had darts who they can shoot right into him, and kill him with triumph to another dead shape-shifting cat for their collection. Of course, he'd love to find another shape-shifting cat in this weird dragon world. But it was hard, us shapeshifters don't know each other, and we tell no one, and exactly never ever a stranger. He also wished that he'd be back to normal, stretching his paws and yawning in his den, but now as they realized he can shapeshift, he had to leave everyone behind. Flying was cool, yes, but he rather be a cat then a dragon who's in danger every second.

He has 2 missions, kill dragons who trusted him, or if he couldn't, he had to try and gain someone's trust.
It wasn't always easy, sometimes, yes. Sometimes... it was a whole roller-coaster trying to talk to someone, most of them were grumpy, rude and arrogant dragons, mostly those red and white ones, but sometimes it was anybody. But, sometimes he was unlucky, and a funny, loveable idiot comes up to him and talks to him, and then he feels guilty for what he's going to do. At this moment, one of those idiots had noticed him, and now he felt that he liked the dragon, when he shouldn't. Normaly when he smiles at someone, it's fake. But now as they tell their jokes he had a genuine smile on his face as he listened, this was harder then he imagined.

The dragon's name was phantom, he had blueish white scales, and he looked transparent when people looked at him. He was a rare part of the tribe he's in, a dragon who talks allot and who likes other tribes they're supposed not to! His horns were a pale Grey and he had a little determined smirk everytime feather saw him. They had a pretty close bond, feather talking less but still chiming in, which... which would make him fit in if he did, which made him less suspicious, but he would still talk to phantom even if it did nothing at all. He was just that type of dragon that was fun to be around. And he wished for once that he could be a normal dragon, but that slowly changed to I wish to be a normal cat, but sometimes it changed back and he got a confused headache.

For now, phantom wasn't here. Feather was sitting in a small garden, with flowers of yellow, neon pink and blue. Or any other color under the sun, it hurt his eyes, but it was beautiful too, the shining sun was pretty warm this morning. He wanted to look at the sun, see how pretty it is, admire it. But he knew turning blind would never help with anything. So he glanced at it for a second and looked back at the flowers.

There was a rocky path towards this garden, the rocks were mostly a normal grey color, but some being darker, especially the ones near the edge of the path. Some vines were growing through the avalanche of rocks, which looked majestic in the monochrome rocks.

Feather's eyes darted back to the plants, some normal plants were growing, but the garden was mostly surrounded by beautiful tulips and roses and other different types of majestical looking flowers. The grass was pretty long, and it tickled his stomach as a little breeze hits him and the grass in unison. His claws ached a tiny bit because of earlier, when he was walking allot, trying to memorize the map. He knew at this moment he could of been helping his clan by killing dragons, but he did much allready, and he grew eyebags and sore muscles from his lack of sleep, trying to do his job right. He curled up slowly, and realized he wasn't a cat, and he moved his position to a normal sleeping position, (according to the dragons.). He yawned and put his snout on his talons, opening his eyes to look at the flowers, then closing them back.

He opened his eyes to see a moonlit lake in the night, there was the reflection of a cat inside, but there was no one in it's position. He looked around himself curiously, before the shape in the water copy and pasted onto the ground. He looked startled as the cat slowly opened their mouth to speak, as he looked closely, the cat was a former shapeshifter, apparent from their eye.

"You're doing great, silverpelt."
They said, flicking their tail.
It had comforted him, and he knew starclan was actually talking to him.
He was about to say thank you, before he felt hard thumps on his shoulder as the cat turned into mist, the lake shining one last time before it did the same thing the cat did, and then he was dumped right into the real world.

He looked at the cause of the thumping, and now it was just a little poke, he looked up.
He jumped up as he saw phantom looking down at him, his blue eyes were filled with curiosity.
"Ey! Don't think you should be sleeping here."
He said, as feather stood up, shook himself and looked at the grass.
"I was tired. Don't bully me." Feather responded, pouting slightly as his tail flicked back and forth.
"No promises." Phantom joked, before turning around, and almost smacking feather in the face with his tail. Only his head turned back as he nodded for him to get up.
"What do you want, anyway?" Feather glanced at him as they walked together.
"Am i supposed to know?" Phantom asked too, and he lifted an eyebrow at him.
"I think you should." Feather said, glancing away from Phantom, to look towards where they were going.
"Well I don't, too bad." Phantom said jokingly, his iconic determined smirk on his face.
"Hrmph." Feather murmured, he didn't know what he was trying to say, but it had came out as 'hrmph.'
"Ohh. Do you like gardens?" Phantom asked randomly, like he seemed to realize something, (which, wasn't important.). Feather looked at him with a confused expression, before nodding and adding some voice to it.
"Yes, why..?" He answered, gardens were like miniature jungles with allot more flowers, it made him feel relaxed, somehow, even after what he's doing. Laying on the grass was like laying on a deluxe bed, (that he will never have, ever.). And the plants around him felt like towering trees, it didn't scare him, it was just beautiful, and the smell of the flowers mixing together make an amazing scent who reassures anybody who comes, 'that everything is going to be alright', and 'everything is okay'. Gardens were amazing, he rather live in a garden then live in the most impressive and expensive places. Of course, his old home, well, where his clan lives, had never really had gardens like these, twolegplaces do, but you can't go in that territory. And we would be too small to see everything, unless you were on a platform in the middle, but that will never ever happen.

He got snapped back to reality as phantom began speaking.

"Heh, I guessed because you fell asleep right there, inside one." He responded, nudging feather playfully, making feather stagger sideways before getting back into normal position.

"Well.. you're correct." Feather murmured, glancing at phantom, phantom had his eyes on the pale blue sky, small clouds covered some of the sky, making it look even more pretty. The sunlight lit the ground, and the trees making it turn into small patterns. For once, now, he didn't wish to be anything, this was perfect.

For now...