Chapter 1: Relationship

Volume 1: Jamie Stein

26 Years Before King Marcus's Defeat

A female flesh golem named Jamie Stein trained in the gym at the Fleshian military training grounds. After lifting some weights, she turned around and saw General Argo, the general of the Fleshian military.

"Good morning, General. How are you?" asked Jamie, smiling.

"Great, and you?" said General Argo.

"Good. Since I'm 25 years old now, I can go on more dangerous missions and fulfill the legacy of the Stein family as their current heir," said Jamie, her confidence shining through. She put her hands on her hips, a symbol of her determination.

"What do you say when acknowledging your family's legacy, Jamie?" asked Argo.

Jamie gasped, clenched her fists, put the right fist on her chest and the left fist on her back, then yelled, "I, Jamie Stein, will have many Fleshian boys who shall become great Fleshian men to join the Fleshian army and fulfill the Stein Family's legacy!"

"Good. Now get ready for lunch," said Argo.

While leaving the training grounds to eat in the castle's Great Hall, she bumped into a soldier in the hallway.

"OH! I'm sorry!" whimpered Jamie.

"It's fine," groaned the soldier, putting his hand on his head. Jamie widened her eyes when she realized how tall and bulky the soldier was. The soldier looked down and gasped when he realized who Jamie was. "You're Jamie Stein, right? The current heir of the famous Stein family?"

Jamie slowly nodded her head as the soldier suddenly shivered with fear.

"What's wrong?" asked Jamie.

"I'll take any punishment," whimpered the soldier.

"Don't worry. I'm not like the other Steins who gave harsh punishments," grumbled Jamie as the soldier sighed with relief. "What's your name?"

"Oh, Hector Fleshglow. This is my first day as a soldier, although I came in last night after General Argo recruited me," said Hector. He sighed and crossed his arms. "I would've joined the army as soon as I turned 18, but I lived on the other side of the planet, and my family didn't have enough money for transportation then. We saved money for seven years for this."

"You're 25 years old? Me too! You're very tall and bulky for your age. Your hair's very long and has a nice mixture of black and white, too!" chuckled Jamie. "You remind me of my uncle."

Hector blushed, his admiration for Jamie becoming more evident.

"Thanks!" chuckled Hector. He looked at Jamie as she blushed a little. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened to the rest of your family? All I remember was hearing something happen to them, and you were the only member of the Stein Family left."

"Oh. When I was 16, my family went on a mission to a planet of mummies named Mummisia. Unfortunately, the mission failed, and Mummisian forces killed my family, and one of my cousins, Quinten Stein, went missing," explained Jamie. She sighed and put her hand on her head. "It was very stressful for me because I wasn't even an adult yet, and I was the heir of the Stein family."

Hector blushed again, scratched his back, and asked, "Do you want to sit together in the Great Hall?"

"Sure!" chuckled Jamie as she and Hector walked toward the Great Hall together.

King Marcus, the ruler of the Fleshia, held the hand of three-year-old Princess Eunice in the hallway and saw Jamie and Hector.

"Jamie!" yelled King Marcus as Jamie and Hector turned towards King Marcus. Hector yelped and changed into a military pose. "Whose this man?"