Desert Dioyote

Art reference

Desert Dioyote pair and young pup

Habitat: Desert

Size: 2-4 feet tall at the head. Body is 3-5 feet long(they have the shortest tail of any Dioyote sub-species)

Diet: anything they can get their paws on(this includes cactus, roots, bugs, scorpions, snake, small birds, rodents, plants)

Pack: they normally just live alone with a mate and any young offspring

Babies: after being born, they stay in the parents pouch for two months before leaving. They are beginning to eat other things from the time they leave the pouch. Pups will stay partially in the pouch for protection for the first year of life. They mature and leave their parents the youngest of any sub species at age 5

Fur: yellows, tans, pretty much anything that will blend in with their surroundings

Eyes: yellows, oranges, occasionally lime colored eyes

Lifespan: can live up to 80 years

Teeth: Desert dioyote have three sets of teeth over their life, their pup teeth which are fully concealed when they close their mouth, their juvenile set of teeth, which show when they close their mouth, and adult teeth, which show when they close their mouth.

Lore: this variant has excellent sight and hearing. They prefer to be active in the morning or evening, sleeping and hiding the rest of the day. Unlike most other variants, these guys are usually solitary or living with their mate, the only exception is when they have young offspring. They take around 5 years to reach adulthood and are one of the fastest maturing variants. Their bones are tinted yellow by the sand they live in. They have some of the largest ears and shortest tails. They have a layer of fur on them that is decently long to keep them warm at night, but have ways of keeping themselves cool during the days. This variant is actually very shy around strange creatures.

Physical features: short tails and long ears. They have very keen vision and hearing.

Notes:
They are surprisingly heat and cold resistant and can go six months without water