theodore nott: finding them crying in bed

you hear quiet sobs coming from his room, so soft it almost doesn't seem real. your heart tightens as you step inside, the door creaking slightly. he's lying on his side, his back to you, but the trembling of his body gives him away.

as you approach, he shifts, his eyes snapping shut as if pretending to be asleep. you stand there for a moment, watching him. a tear slips down his cheek, catching the dim light. without thinking, you reach out and gently brush it away. "i know you're awake, theo," you tease softly, a small smile tugging at your lips.

he stiffens, holding his breath, caught between acknowledging you and wanting to deny it all. "i wasn't crying," he mutters, but his voice is shaky.

you settle on the edge of the bed. the mattress dips, gently jostling him. he shifts again, instinctively trying to put more space between you. "yeah, right," you say, rolling your eyes with a small huff. "then why is your pillow all wet?"

at the mention of his pillow, he freezes. for a moment, he doesn't move, as if trying to will himself out of this conversation.

then he slowly rolls over, eyes meeting yours for the first time. they're red-rimmed, swollen. the tears have stopped falling, but the stains are still fresh. he looks caught, and he knows it.

he opens his mouth, probably formulating some excuse, but before he can speak, his lip trembles and fresh tears spill down his cheeks. the floodgates open, and all the emotions he's been trying to hold back come rushing out.

without thinking, you pull him against you, allowing him to bury his face in your shoulder. you maneuver, lying down, his head resting on your chest. your arms instinctively wrap around him, fingers gently running through his hair.

he sobs now, deep, hiccupped breaths that shake his whole body, his tears dampening your shirt. you hold him tighter, your heart aching for him.

you just lay there in silence, your hand smoothing down his messy hair. gradually, his sobs subside, replaced by shaky breaths. the tension in his body begins to ease.

finally, he lifts his head, looking up at you with red, puffy eyes. his voice is hoarse when he speaks, "i-i'm sorry... i love you..."

your heart skips a beat. the weight of his words, said with such vulnerability, means everything to you. "shh," you murmur, pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead. "you don't have to apologize. i love you too."

he presses his face against you again, burying it in the crook of your neck. his body shakes with sobs as he clings to you, his words "i love you, i love you, i love you," falling like a mantra, over and over again. his fingers grip your shirt tightly, as if clinging to you for dear life.

he shifts, lifting his head once more, eyes meeting yours. when you look down at him, he leans up and captures your lips in a desperate, fervent kiss. it's intense, filled with all the emotions he's been bottling up inside.

he pulls you closer, his arms wrapping tightly around you, fingers digging into your back. he's pouring everything into this kiss, every feeling, every fear, every ounce of love. his lips move against yours, needy and almost pleading.

he breaks the kiss, pulling back just enough to look at you. his breath is shaky. he stares at you for a moment, searching your face as if to assure himself you're really here.

slowly, he reaches up and brushes a strand of hair back from your face, tracing a soft path down your cheek. he takes a deep, shuddering breath and finally speaks, barely above a whisper. "don't ever leave me," he says, his voice cracking. "i-i don't think i could handle it if you left."