Chapter 12

Natsu's POV:
I was on my way to the guild like any normal day. When I got there the guild was as rowdy as usual. I sat at the bar and ordered some fire chicken. When Mira brought it to me I asked, "Hey Mira! Where's Luce?" she looked at me and smiled. "Well I heard from Master that she went on a really long mission." she said. "And she didn't invite me?" I whined. "I guess not." she giggled.

I sighed. I walked into the Master's office. "Hey gramps, how long is this mission Lucy is going on?" I asked. He flinched then shook his head. "Um... About a month." He said, not wanting to reveal what happened to Natsu right away, in fear of the fact he would go after her. "Ugh, that long. Jeez." I moaned. "Where's the mission at?" I asked. "That is none of your concern child." gramps said harshly. "It is my concern. I promised to protect her." I said just as harsh. "You cannot this time." Master said. "But-" "Not another word." Gramps replied.

Sheesh what was his problem.

Lucy's POV:
It's been 10 long hours of train riding, but I finally reach my destination. I got off the train and immediately started searching for a hotel. "Crap." I said as I remembered that I have no money. I desperately thought for a solution, as I walked down the street. I came across a dinky looking two story house. The mail box read, "Place job requests here." I opened the box to reveal one or two job request papers. 'What in the world?' I thought, as I looked up at the house again. It wasn't in the best of shape, there was paint peeling and one of the top story windows was boarded up, but other than that it looked livable on the outside.

"Maybe it's abandoned." I told myself as I walked up the steps. I opened the door and walked in. It was a little dusty, but that could easily be cleaned. I walked further in and came across a dining room and what looks like it used to be a living room, but now has a table and a bulletin board with four or five papers pinned to it.

I walked a little farther and there was a bathroom to the right and a staircase to the left. I went up the staircase and it led me to four rooms. The first one to my left looked unused and virtually untouched. I opened the one to my right and it was absolutely filthy. There was clothes and food everywhere and I could barely make out two beds on either side. I opened the door to the second room on my left. It had posters and stickers on the wall and stuffed animals on the bed. Though it was in contrast to the rest of the house, it was just as run down. Finally I opened the door to the last room. It was perfectly clean, prim, and proper. It looked elegant as the bed was neatly made and the pictures were hung neatly on the wall. There was a desk in the left corner opposite of the bed on the right.

I made my way to the desk and picked up a photograph that was on the edge. In the photograph there were four people. Two boys who looked like twins. They both had dark brown hair and one had bangs going over his left eye, one had bangs over his right. They were almost exactly identical other than the fact that one had ocean blue eyes and one had amethyst purple. Next to them on the left was a girl that looked slightly younger, maybe by a year, than the other three. She had baby blue hair with cerulean eyes. Her hair was in pig tails and she wore a little blue dress. The last one on the right, looked more sophisticated than the rest. She had lime green hair, and forest green eyes. She had a red pair of glasses and her hair was in a bun. Even though they all looked so different they looked as if they all enjoyed each others presence. They looked like a family. They reminded me of, "Fairy Tail..." I said out loud. I set the picture back down and left the room. 'I could stay here for one night. It looks like they haven't been here in a while.' I walked toward the unused room and set my bag down. I flopped on the bed, reveling in the fact that it felt just as unused as it looked. Soon I fell asleep.