Chapter 1

Natsu's POV:
Blood... its all I can smell. The scent of hers... and mine. All I can hear... is silence... nothing.... not a word. All I can see... is darkness... black nothingness. All I can feel is pain... physical... and emotional. All I can think about... is her... Lucy.

2 days ago

"Natsu!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I turned around to see my blonde friend running up, happier than usual. "Sup, Luce." "I found a perfect job." she exclaimed excitedly. "What is it?" I asked. "We have to go to a city where a small dark guild has been wreaking havok. The reward is 1,400,000 jewel. So that leaves me with 700,000 to pay rent with for a long while, and you with 700,000 to use for food money for you and happy. Plus I thought you might want a mission where we get to bash a couple dozen bad guys." she explained. "Aw yeah, I'm fired up now." I said as she took the request to Mira. "We'll be taking this job." she said cheerfully. "Ok then, but be careful this is a lot of jewel for just some lowly dark guild. Stay alert." Mira said. "We will. Come on Natsu let's head out right now."

On the train

"Why does my stomach hate me..." I groaned, as we sat down in our seats."Well, Wendy, Happy, and Charla were on a mission, or else I would've told you to go get Wendy to use troia on you before we left." Lucy sighed. We hit a number of bumps and my condition instantly got worse."Here, sit next to me Natsu." Lucy said. I looked up at her hesitantly. In my mind, I replayed the scene where Erza had said the same thing to me. I had thought she would just let me lean on her shoulder, but instead I got a fist to my gut. She must have seen the look on my face cause she giggled and said, "Don't worry, I wont go Erza on you." I got up and sat down next to her. She grabbed my head and laid it on her lap. From there she started to comb her fingers through my hair. The action soothed me instantly, I was confused on how fast it had worked.

How could such a small gesture have such a big impact? That plus an amazing smell coming from nearby pushed all feeling of sickness out of me. As I tried to find where the smell was coming from, I turned my face towards Lucy's stomach. The smell instantly strengthened. As soon as the smell strengthened I recognized it as Lucy's. But that was odd the only place she didn't wear perfume was her house."Lucy, are you wearing any perfume?" I asked while nuzzling into her stomach to take in more of the scent."N-no, w-why do you a-ask?" she stuttered. I looked up at her to see her face as red as Erza's hair. For a second I pondered on why she was blushing. Then I remembered what position we were in and my cheeks instantly flushed."No reason... you just smell nice."

Out of all things that could cure my motion sickness, Lucy did.