Chapter 3: Rings of Power and Jealousy

It had been a few weeks since Izuku had successfully stolen Nenya, the Ring of Galadriel, and he had spent every spare moment researching it and the other rings of power. He was fascinated by their history, their abilities, and what they could potentially do for him. But his time was split between his obsession and the one thing he couldn't escape — school.

Today was no different. As he trudged through the hallways, keeping to himself as usual, he tried to focus on his next class, but he couldn't help the feeling that he was being watched. His thoughts were confirmed when, around the corner, Bakugo Katsuki and his twin sister Katsua appeared, both wearing their typical sneers as they blocked his path.

"Well, well, well, look who it is," Katsua sneered, her sharp eyes immediately zeroing in on the glint of metal on Izuku's fingers. "What's that, Deku? Got yourself some fancy jewelry?"

Izuku instinctively pulled his hand back, trying to conceal the rings, but it was too late. Katsuki stepped forward, his fiery red eyes filled with malice and curiosity.

"Rings, huh? You think wearing those will make you tough or something?" Katsuki growled, cracking his knuckles. "Hand them over. They don't belong to a useless quirkless loser like you."

Izuku's grip on the rings tightened, his heart pounding. He knew better than to let Bakugo or his sister take them. These weren't just accessories; they were powerful artifacts, and the thought of them in Bakugo's hands sent a surge of fear through him.

(Moments later)

Izuku stood outside the principal's office, his heart pounding in his chest. It wasn't the first time he had been called in for something he didn't do, but this time, he knew his classmates had set him up, especially his sister Izula, along with Katsuki and Katsua. They had made a false report claiming he beat them up.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the door to the principal's office. Principal Hayashi looked up from his desk with a kind smile, the same way he always did. He was one of the few people in the school who treated Izuku with kindness, unaware of the constant bullying and mistreatment that had plagued him for years. In return for that kindness, Izuku had taught the principal how to speak Elvish, a language he had learned from his fascination with Tolkien's works.

"Izuku, please, have a seat," Principal Hayashi said, gesturing toward the chair in front of his desk.

Izuku sat down quietly, glancing briefly at the papers on the principal's desk. No doubt they were the reports filed by Katsuki, Katsua, and Izula, detailing their fabricated version of events.

"I've been informed that there was a... confrontation between you and three of your classmates," Principal Hayashi began, his voice gentle but concerned. "They claim that you physically assaulted them. Is that true?"

Izuku shook his head immediately, and before he could respond, he switched to Elvish, speaking in the elegant, flowing language that only the principal understood. "They're lying. They've always targeted me, sir. I didn't touch them. They wanted to take something from me—my rings. They thought they could intimidate me into giving them up."

Principal Hayashi furrowed his brow, responding in kind, speaking fluently in the Elvish Izuku had taught him. "Rings? Are these the rings I've seen you wearing recently?"

Izuku nodded, placing his hand over his pocket where one of the rings, Nenya, rested. "Yes. I saved up for them, bought them myself. They're just jewelry, but they think they're valuable because I've been wearing them more often." He didn't mention the true nature of the rings, nor their power. He knew better than to bring that up, even with someone as trustworthy as Principal Hayashi.