Chapter Eight

Julian

Heather had just hung up so suddenly.
First she doesn't answer her phone for days or call back and now she just hangs up! I did maybe act a little weirdly in her eyes, but she won't even talk to me!
Julian felt disappointed and angry. He really needed to talk to Heather and explain the situation. She couldn't possibly stay away any longer. It was already dangerous to begin with.
I had just reacted a little impulsively, but if she dies because I didn't warn her I will never be able to forgive myself. She must know how important she is to me.
Julian left his bedroom and thought about trying to call her again in a few minutes even though she probably wouldn't answer her phone and continue ignoring him.
I should have told her my secret much earlier. Then this would have never happened and she might have taken me more seriously.
He entered the dining room and saw his mother sitting there.
"Mom, I need the car", her said.
"Why? Just take your own car", she replied.
"I have to drive a longer distance."
"What is that supposed to mean? Where do you think you are going?"
"It's really important and if you don't give me the car, I'll rent one"
"If you would just tell me where you are going and how long it might not be a problem!", Julian's mother had become a little mad with her son.
"I can't tell you. I don't even know myself. I could be back by tonight or tomorrow or later."
"No, I'm sorry Julian and I don't want you going somewhere if I don't know-", Julian's mother was interrupted. Julian's phone had started to blare his ringtone.
He checked the caller ID.
Heather.
He picked up immediately.
"Heath-"
"Julian you have to help me!"