Chapter Seven

Heather turned around expecting someone to be there. There was no one.
My God I am hallucinating. I wish this nightmare would just stop!
Heather started to walk away quickly from the grave and tripped over a root of a tree.
"Clumsy though", the voice said. Heather whipped around. "What do you want? You could at least show yourself and stop hiding, you coward!"
"Sassy too", the voice commented. Even though her answer had been quite sassy and had sounded confident, she was really scared. She still didn't see anyone and there weren't that many trees around where someone could be hiding.
I definitely didn't imagine that though! But ghosts don't exist. I am over-reacting.
Heather walked away quickly as she was still frightened, but exited the graveyard without any further interruptions.

---

The next days were tiresome as the whole close family was working on emptying the full house. All the dolls and books that her Grandmother had owned had to go somewhere. When Heather wasn't helping she was doing homework and catching up on schoolwork. She didn't cry as much as she would have thought. Somehow it felt like her grandma was still there and all she had to do was look.

---

Her phone starting ringing. She was in bed and of course it could be only one person. Julian. He had called her about fifty times in the course of four days. He probably wanted to say he was sorry, but Heather didn't want to hear it. She thought that he had gone crazy.
Right before her voicemail took over she answered.
"HEATHER?!", Julian screamed into the phone.
"What the hell I'm not deaf."
"Why didn't you answer or at least call back?"
"What do you want?", Heather snapped.
"Come back home. Quickly."
"No, what's your issue? Would you just stop? I thought you wanted to say your sorry, but I really don't want to hear any more of your crazy talk. Seriously."
"Heather-"
Someone was in her room. She could feel it. She moved the phone away from her ear. And then she screamed.