Chapter Ten

Linda

She saw him pulling out of the driveway in his car and decided to follow him.
After about thirty miles his car started to smoke and he pulled over to an empty parking lot.

Now is my chance. I'll just do something to win time.

Julian stepped out of the car and opened the hood. He started to tinker with it.
Linda stood behind him unseen with hands raised in his direction towards his back. Julian stopped moving and his back tensed. He was receiving what she wanted.

This will keep him preoccupied with Heather a bit. He'll forget all about telling her.

She let her arms back down to her sides and disappeared into the darkness.

Heather

She was alone in the house. Her father was visiting her Aunt and her Grandfather was with her Uncle. She had stayed awake waiting for Julian. There was a knock at the door and she opened it.
"Julian, I'm so glad you're here!", she exclaimed and wrapped her arms around him.
His expression changed from happy to surprised.
"Heather you're so beautiful...", he said.
"Um.. Thanks? Why don't you come in?"
Heather stepped away from him and to the side. Julian scanned her whole body. It made her feel uneasy. She looked down and saw that she was in her shorts and tank top. Nothing special. It was warm. Julian went into the house. Heather led the way into the room she was staying in and Julian's breathing seemed a lot more heavy than normal. Once they arrived in her room she looked at him. His face was contorted. It looked like he was in pain.
"Julian? What's the matter? Are you okay?"
Julian's expression changed to normal and then to rather... crazy.
"Um.. Julian?"
He moved close to her and pinned her against a wall.