Chapter Twenty One

PEDRI'S POV

After the call with Sophia i went downstairs to where the rest of the guys were.

Since it was 3am everyone was already asleep. I started cleaning up and decided to just sit outside and feel the fresh air to clear my mind a bit.

I opened my phone and started playing soft music. I leaned back on the lawn chair and put my hands behind my head and just sighed.

What am i doing? i thought to myself.

I have never been this head over heels with a girl before. No girl has ever interested me this much or has made me feel this much.

I sigh again.

i look at the stars hoping they give me some sort of clarity but unfortunately they don't. A few minutes later I hear the door open behind me, I turn to see who it is and its Frenkie.

"Pedri?" he says whispering

"yeah" i say

"what's going on man? shouldn't you be asleep?" he says taking a seat next to me

"yeah but i cant sleep. lots on my mind. What about you?" i say looking at him

" I am meeting Mikky at the airport since she's leaving for 2 weeks to shoot for some brands. I wanted to see if her before she left so i have to wake up early since her flight leaves at 5am" he says

"ah" i simply say

I envy Frenkie. He has been with Mikky for a while and they seem like the perfect couple, i admire how he treats her and how she treats him.

Mikky is such a great girl, i don't doubt she would be friends with Sophia. I want what these two have. True love.

"you wanna talk about it?" i hear Frenkie say

" I don't know what to say" i tell him honestly

"That complicated?" he says with a chuckle

I smile and just shake my head.

I tell him everything start to finish and he listens to me attentively without interrupting me. Once i finish he nods and stays silent for a moment.

" Ok, well to start things off lets start from the beginning. ONE you were wrong for reacting that way when someone else answered her phone. TWO you should have texted her or tried to reach out and actually hear from her and not jump to conclusions. THREE i am proud that you were clear with her about where you stand. You said you would wait and your giving her time, she knows you are there so when she's ready she will let you know. " he says making sure i understand

I nod as he speaks to let him know i am following.

" I think you should truly get to know her as a friend and take things slow. Focus on being a better version for her. You also need to be ready for a relationship. AND if you mean what you say that you'll wait then it wont matter how much time passes because your feelings for her will never fade. Don't beat yourself up for telling her how you feel. it doesn't make you a fool to express yourself. you got this man." He says while standing up, patting my back.

"Thanks man" i say standing as well and giving him a hug

He pats my back one more time before leaving. I look at the time and realize its almost 5am. I make my way inside and go to my room to sleep.

Talking to Frenkie did help. I don't know why i felt so conflicted. Sophia and I can be friends. When the time is right, maybe we can be something else.

FAST FORWARD

We are close to the end of the EUROS. We played against Italy and Albania and won both.