Chapter 8: Terrhina, the Forbidden Beauty

While Mivangeline and the friends huddled with the thrashing Shien/Iagen fusion, Shien battled Iagen in a martial arts duel in the mental realm. Soon, General Saitori's cardinal fighter landed beside the commotion. A Vulpi woman with a dizi flute played a soothing melody, making Shien's body cover his ears and roar uncontrollably.

"Grandmaster!" Oreic and Inveticus shouted.

You all did a great job holding Iagen off. Aian's voice sounded in everyone's mind via telepathy as she finished her tune. Keep supporting Shien, and I'll do the rest.

"Take me too!" Oreic requested. "Shien is my responsibility. I promised Isrina to keep him safe."

"You can take a maximum of two others, correct?" Inveticus asked Aian. "Then count me in to kick Iagen's butt!"

After Grandmaster Aian nodded, she, Oreic, and Inveticus dematerialized into light and entered Shien's mind. With one final screech, Shien's body shut down unconscious.

"Hang in there, my Little Chickadee," Isrina hugged Shien.

Mivangeline patted his head. "Shien, God has sent help. You're in good hands. Everyone will stay with you here until you're awake."

***

The Grandmaster and the two masters entered Shien's mind in a flash of light. Aian interrupted Shien and Iagen's duel by slapping the demon with her flute staff.

"Ouch! W-who goes there?" Iagen shuddered to see Grandmaster Aian standing in front of him. "O-oh shoot... Not Aian!"

"You alright, Shien?" Oreic asked.

Shien hugged him. "Yeah. I tried my best, Master Oreic."

"And you did great," Oreic stroked his head. "You don't have to fight Iagen alone now. We're here to help. Oh, and that's Grandmaster Aian."

Aian's telepathic voice made the demon whimper. Iagen! I've had enough of you! You brag about being the rightful Grandmaster, but you're a scared little thief, depending on lies and deceit to get what you want! Makiyu's creations are not for sale!

The demon crawled away.

"Hey, Iagen. Remember when you boasted about how easily you could beat Aian in a duel?" Inveticus taunted. "Well, you got your chance, big mouth!"

Aian will banish me in the Darkness Beyond Music. I don't want to go back to that place! What should I do? Iagen squirmed when Aian jumped on him. I'll let Terrhina secure Shien's body for me! She can hold Aian off, and I can fight someone manageable like Fanghui. I don't know why I sense Delmisa struggling, but how hard can Fanghui be? It's better than being burned to ash in Aian's hands!

"Terrhina, retreat!" Iagen bellowed. "Defend Shien's body from these foolish masters!"

When Aian swung her dizi staff onto the demon, the Earth Sister quickly left her battle with Psyinen and Seniel in California, leaving Abriyamu to do her dirty work.

Terrhina zoomed past Shien's friends as a dark smog and dove into Shien's mind, blocking the Grandmaster with her qanun leaf blade. Iagen snapped his finger, leaving Shien's body and turning into a shadowy fog. The cloud screamed at Shien's friends before flying to Delmisa's support.

Come back and face me, coward! The Grandmaster held a fist.

Shien blinked. "Iagen's gone to Loserville."

Oreic, Inveticus, Aian, and Shien faced Terrhina in a standoff.

"It's been hundreds of years, Aian," The Earth Sister pointed to her eye and nostril horns. "The day you cursed my beautiful face into this ugly mess felt like yesterday."