Chapter 4: The Witching Hour

The Gates of the Condemned melted and transformed into Iagen's apparition. Iagen laughed victoriously while Terrhina and Delmisa's spirits danced around the open casket in celebration. Shien, Mivangeline, and Isrina watched the demonic ceremony in horror.

"Don't look! Go! Quickly!" Inveticus and Des Manthesia pushed the others away from the chaos. "We must protect your son, Isrina! We'll escape with Psyinen's portals!"

As Inveticus cast a mist cloud to shield their escape, a skeletal arm arose from the casket. Red ice that looked like crystals of dry blood surrounded the coffin as Indeavorga sat upright. Her neck cracked in different directions as she looked around the tomb. The ice sister wore a blue robe and a skull mask with hollow black eye sockets. On her hood was a crown-like ornament decorated with a bird skull surrounded by wings.

"I-I live?" The ice sister echoed as her neck turned 360 degrees. "A-am I free? What time?"

Iagen stroked Indeavorga's chin. "Yes, dear sister. It's the destined day of reckoning before the solar eclipse when our dimensional war ritual against the Vultau shall begin. Tomorrow will be the day we triumph over the pathetic Vultau and resurrect Sol Eszkeios Epsilon!"

"Truly?"

"Indeed. Celebrate, Sisters! Your trinity is reborn after centuries of Aian's curse. We shall claim the body of Shien Niang, our chosen host with the blood that'll invigorate your astounding magic!"

The horned Earth Sister wielded a triangular qanun string instrument high in triumph. "With his blood, I'll devour many young women. The unrivaled beauty of men's gaze I once had will return!"

"The blood that'll empower me to inflict judgment on humans for their sins against Vulpi," Delmisa barred her Anubis fangs, holding her dark shamisen. "I'll show Makiyu the foolishness of creating humans to live with Vulpi."

"Where are my arms and legs? They're still cursed!" Indeavorga shrieked and jumped out of the coffin, bashing her head on the wall. "Curse you, Aian! Curse Makiyu for denying me the right to touch and walk like normal people!"

"No more pain. No more suffering. Finally, after being imprisoned for so long!" The Ice Sister's hands bled and morphed into icy harp palms with jagged fingers.

She twisted and rolled on the floor, squealing. "Makiyu dared to make me born without arms and legs while everyone else can touch with fingers and walk with feet! Shien's precious blood will grant me limbs! Yes! Happiness at last. I'll harvest everyone's lucky limbs to make my own!"

"Enough, dear sisters. For we have a host to consume!" Iagen played a wicked song on his zurna, commanding the three sisters to fuse with him.

The four spirits morphed into a dark, cackling smog of hooded corpses that soared into the sky. They disappeared in a spiraling rift, entering the music dimension on the move for Shien's life.

***

While Seniel healed the tired masters, Shien and Mivangeline told their friends about the strange events that occurred.

"Where's Mom?" Shien walked with his girlfriend.

"I heard Guardian Inveticus is talking to her outside," Mivangeline recalled.

"Then let's check on her!"

The couple walked on the sunset rocky plains above Choro Emplexion while Naivern used her half-Japanese background to connect Kyrinna with the gang. Shien and Mivangeline noticed the hangar bay open, releasing fleets of condor frigates to different locations.

"Looks like the UICA recovered from the Eclipser Conflict. They spent everything to take America back from Maika's hands." Mivangeline observed the aerial navy. "I wonder if we have enough to counterattack the Global Federation."