-ˏˋ⋆ ᴛ ʜ ɪ ʀ ᴛ ʏ ᴏ ɴ ᴇ ⋆ˊˎ-

Dallas stormed into the Curtis's, almost breaking the door. Ponyboy jumped as he heard the door slam. "Woah! What's wrong with you?" Sodapop asked, "Where the fuck is Hazel," Dallas said as he looked around the house, practically tearing it apart.

"She ain't here man," Ponyboy said, "She's gotta be here!" Dallas yelled as he looked through Ponyboy's room, "You gotta stop man!" Sodapop said before Dallas made another mess. Sodapop grabbed Dallas and pushed him out of the room, "What the fuck is your problem?!" Sodapop yelled.

"You guys are acting like she's here," Dallas said, "Trust me, we'd be acting a lot weirder if your girl was here, but she ain't, is she? If she were here, we'd make her sneak out if you got here, but we didn't, now did we?" "Soda, you don't wanna play this game with me," "What if I do?" "She's at Jesse's!" Ponyboy said.

"Pony!" Sodapop said, "C'mon Soda! You think it's fair to Dal that he doesn't know where Hazel is? That ain't fair at all! He just wants to make sure she's safe!" Ponyboy said, "That's not the point," Sodapop said, "What's the point then?" Dallas said, "She doesn't want anything to do with you."

"You're fucking lying! I know you are!" Dallas said as he stormed out of the house, "Are you fucking kidding me Pony?" "You know damn well he ain't gonna hurt her. He's too soft around that girl," "That's it the point. She's done with him. Now help me clean this mess up."

"Where the hell is she?" Hazel said as she looked through the window in the living room, "She'll be back, don't worry," Aven said, getting Hazel to sit down, "I'm sorry, I guess I'm a bit paranoid," Hazel laughed to herself, "I would be too if a narcissist was trying to find me," Aven said with a smile.

"Dally isn't a narcissist. He's just misunderstood. He never had anyone in his life to actually love him, y'know?" "You're really gonna defend that man after what happened between you guys?" "Yeah, I am. Is there a problem with that?" "I just think you need to find a guy who can actually treat you good."

"Dallas treats me fine," "C'mon, you guys aren't even a thing anymore. You said so yourself," "And you actually believed me Aven?" "You and I both know that he's not worth it," Aven said as he moved Hazel's hair behind her ear, just like Dallas did.

"What are you doing?" Hazel said, obviously uncomfortable, "I think you know," Aven said, his face was inches away from her, "No!" Hazel screamed, pushing him back. Aven ended up falling down onto the ground. Hazel got up and tried to make a run for it, but Aven grabbed her and threw her back on the couch.

Jesse was walking down main street with some chips and bottled Coca Cola's. "Jesse!" Dallas said as he caught up to her, "God damn it. Get away from me Winston!" "Where's Hazel-" "Ima stop you right there. She's completely done with you, and, as a matter of fact, she's at my house with Aven-"

"What?" "Yeah, the guy that you've hated for no reason!" "Jesse, I don't hate anyone for no reason. There's always a reason."

"Get off of me!" Hazel cried as Aven crawled on top of her.

"Then what's the reason with him?" Jesse asked.

"Stop!" Hazel screamed.

"Jesse. I used to be friends with him. He's from New York," Dallas said, "Okay? And?" "He takes advantage of girls," Dallas said.

Aven put his hand over Hazel's mouth so he wouldn't hear her cries.

Jesse dropped everything, causing the soda's to break. Her and Dallas both started to sprint back to her house.

Aven punched Hazel across the face so she would be knocked out. So she wouldn't be fighting. Dallas immediately broke down the door, causing Aven to make a run for it. Dallas immediately grabbed him and took him outside. Jesse ran up to Hazel. She was knocked out cold.

Hazel's clothes were thankfully still on. Jesse looked at the side of her eye to see a bruise forming. Jesse looked out the window to see Dallas absolutely beating the shit out of Aven. "Hazel, you gotta wake up!" Jesse cried. Jesse shook Hazel, causing her to slowly wake up.

She then bolted up scared. "It's okay! You're okay! Nothing happened! We got here before anything did," Jesse said, "He was trying... we?" Hazel questioned Jesse. Before Jesse could say anything, Dallas stumbled in. He wasn't even beat up. "Where's Aven?" Jesse said, "Don't worry about him," Dallas said as he walked to Hazel.

He cupped his hands around her face to look at her bruise, "Jesus fucking Christ," Dallas said, "I'm gonna call the cops so they can deal with Aven," Jesse said as she got up and walked out of the living room. "Are you okay?" Dallas asked. Hazel immediately started crying.

"What's wrong?" Dallas spoke softly as he tucked hair behind her ear. Hazel was calm when he did that. Only Dallas could do that to her. "I'm so sorry," Hazel said, "You don't have to be sorry about anything, okay?" Dallas said as he kissed her forehead.

"But Aven-" "That's not your fault Hazel. That is not your fault," Dallas said, "But I left you-" "That's my fault. I was being a dick, I'm sorry about that. You should never be sorry about that, okay?" "Okay," Hazel spoke softly, "How about we get you upstairs so you can rest," Dallas said as he helped her stand.

"But I wanna go home," "Home?" "With you. I wanna go home," Hazel said as she hugged Dallas, "I think it'll be best if you stay with Jesse. Trust me," Dallas said as he hugged her back, "C'mon, let's get you upstairs," Jesse said as she walked her to the stairs.

"I'll call you and let you know when she's up Dal," Jesse said, "Okay, goodnight," Dallas said as he walked out of the house. He then noticed Aven was still knocked out. Dallas walked up to him and grabbed him. He then walked Aven to the other side of the road. There was a ditch filled with bushes. Dallas let him fall into the ditch.

Dallas then started to walk away from the scene knowing that if he didn't leave, the cops would most certainly arrest him.

————

1075 words