Chapter 1: Questions to be answered

Natsu POV 🔥
It keeps on replaying in my head... "When one finally arrives to me, will it be you or E.N.D?" It's been a year already since I last seen Zeref, and these markings had been rapidly appearing since then.

It's a regular day here in the guild. Nothing much happens here, except me fighting with Gajeel and Gray..."Oi Natsu, you ok?" Gray questioned. I look at gray with a blank face and replied back. "I'm alright, I'm just bored..." Searching for a better excuse so Gray could buzz off and be with Juvia. "And!" I yelled "I'm hungry!" "Then go eat dumbass." With my annoyed face, I call Juvia. "Juvia! Gray wants to do a job with you!" I could hear her running downstairs. Just how badly does she love Gray? "Gray-Sama, Juvia already has everything we ne-" Gray cuts her off. "Wait...What?!?!" "Let's go Gray-Sama!" Juvia forcfully grabs Gray's arm and made their way outside of the guild.

I had a smirk in my face for a good 5 minutes. "Judging by the way you look right now, you obviously did something." I heard a familiar voice behind me, so I turned around and saw a certain blondie. Lucy.

She was dressed casually, like always. Her hair was in a one sided ponytail, making her hair look a little longer. "Yo Luce." "So tell me, what did you just do?"

"I sent Gray off on a job with Juvia." She sat in front of me and laid the palm of her hands on her chin, and elbows on the table. "Now why did you do that?" She asked.

"Gray was annoying me..." I answered "Well at least you guys didn't fight, hopefully it will stay like this the whole day. I bet Juvia is having a time of her life, that is if Gray didn't run away..." I felt bothered... Is it because I'm thinking too much about Zeref and these markings on my arm? The markings defiantly has something to do with Zeref.

"Natsu!" Lucy yelled. Startled by her yell, my elbow reacted fast and slid off the table, making me collapse onto the floor. "Are you ok?!?!" "Still clumsy as ever..." I murmured. "Natsu are you ok, you looked spaced out." I nodded slowly. "It's just that I have a lot in my head..." Lucy reached out her hand and carefully lifts me up. I then felt a sharp pain on my arm where the markings are, resulting me forcefully pulling Lucy down with me as I fall again. "Woah." Lucy squealed.

"Shit..." I groaned. Lucy lands on my chest, harder for me to catch my breath. My head aching as I lay on the floor and my vision going blurry, Lucy looks up at me. My eyes meet hers as I get my field of vision back. I can feel myself blushing as her cheeks turn to a bright red color. Her face was mixed with anger and embarrassment.

"I-idiot!" Lucy murmured. The pain had went away without me noticing until now. "S-sorry Luce..." She got up this time without helping me up. As I made my way up she looked at me with a worried look. "What was it?" She asked "What was what?" "What was in your head?"

Looking back from what I said a minute ago, I did say "a lot was in my head" which was why I was spacing out. "What were you thinking about so much that made you lose your sense of focus?!?!"

By then I noticed that the guild became quiet, all eyes were on me...I can't just tell her that a year ago these markings began appearing on my arm and it was sorta what helped us defeat the 12 shields...Or can I? "Well?" Lucy yelled. "It's just that a lot has happened during the past few years and for some reason...I've had this growing uneasiness in me...about the future..." At least it sounds better than what I was going to say.

"Hahah...Awkward *hiccup*" drunk Cana chuckled. "Oh...Sorry was I *hiccup* too loud? Lucy turned and slowly walks over to me. she reaches out her hand and lifts me up. "I'm sorry, I'm just concerned about you...But that doesn't give you a reason to make me fall on yo-" She stops before even finishing her sentence.

She turned away from me, trying to hide her blushes. "Oh its because my arm was aching..." She turns and faces me again. "Oh well you're ok now right?" "Yea." "That's all I need to know." She slowly walks away and eventually made it outside the guild.

"You fucked up..." Drunk Cana yelled. I darted outside the guild and spotted Lucy but before I could even reach to her, Gray punches me in the face. "Hey asshole! It's payback time!" "Not now Gray!" "No, NOW!" Juvia grabs a hold of Gray and gave a chance to escape from him.

I hurdled my way to Lucy but by the time I got far away from Gray, she was gone...I figured she went back to her apartment, so I made my way there.

Time Skip

I arrived at Lucy's apartment however, she wasn't there. So I waited and waited...and eventually it got dark. Happy is probably worrying about me and wondering where I am, so I went to the guild.

As I made my way there, I wondered why she left like that...Was it because I made her worried? All these questions and still no answers...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh meh gewd a nalu fanfic!!! Don't expect an update every week or 2... I will be busy almost everyday, have online classes ;-; I think I covered mostly everything so hope you like my first ever fanfic and leave a comment if you like it so far. <3