Chapter 6: Jinx

Gajeel POV 🔩

I rushed to the restroom and collapse onto the restroom floor. Without closing the door, I crawl my way to the toilet. "Hey close the damn door!" Some stranger yelled.

I gave him a menacing look and made him shut the door for me.

"Gihi..."

I didnt have the energy to crawl to the toilet so I laid on the restroom floor, motionless.

30 minutes later

I was awaken by a knock on the door. As I went to open the door, I realized that I no longer felt the train move.

I heard Levy calling for me on the other side of the door. "Gajeel are you ok? You've been in there for half an hour!"

I slowly opened the restroom door and immediately saw Levy. "We got to go Gajeel. Everyone but us are already off the train. They're waiting at the train station for us!"

"Alright shorty, just calm down. It's not like the train is gonna leave..."

The train started up, making Levy go bonkers...

"Gajeel you idiot, you jinxed it!" The urge of throwing up came again as Levy yelled at me. "We...need to find the...train engineer." I groaned.

I was feeling too ill that it was very difficult for me to even move a few inches, so Levy wrapped my arms around my shoulder as if I was injured.

"We're almost there Gajeel..." Levy muttered, struggling to get me to the engine room.

Within seconds, we made it to the engine room and quickly stopped. I look down at Levy and her face was in shock.

"Gajeel...no one is operating the train!" Levy stood still with a stunned expression. I trudged over to the locomotive, hoping there would be a steam brake to stop the train. To my left is a pile of coal used as fuel to keep the train running.

"Levy help me find the steam brake!" She points at something beside me and muttered "which one is the steam brake..." She had pointed at these two levers that had been on the right side of the train. Both equally identical.

"Where is this train going?!?!" Levy questioned. She ran to the nearest window and looked out of it. I caught Levy's eyes explode. She quickly turns back at me and delivers unpleasant news. "Ahead...is a dead end..." She muttered. "Gajeel we better pick the right lever or this train will get derailed with us in it!"

"We'll have to choose wisely then..." I murmured. "We have about a few minutes left before the train derails. We have to act quickly Gajeel!"

"Right...but what do you think will happen if we pick the wrong one?"   Levy stood still with a blank expression and muttered "Guess we'll have to find out..."

I have to choose wisely and fast too. If I choose the wrong one, well, we'll have to let fate decide...

"Gajeel we don't have time!" Levy exclaimed. Not knowing which lever to choose, my hands began trembling. I carefully observed each lever thinking it could give me an idea which could be the steam brake. My nausea made it difficult for me to concentrate. "Screw it!" I yelled as I pulled a random lever. "Is it slowing down?" I asked.

Levy goes up to the window and check outside. "Gajeel...you've only made the train go faster than it was before!" I then go for the other lever but it unexpectedly snapped. Shit. The speed of the train increased. Now what? Suddenly a thought let alight.

"All right plan B..." "Gajeel...I don't think there's any other way to stall the train." I turn and face her. "I never said we have to stop the train." By the way Levy looked, she knew exactly what I meant. "No! We can't just jump off a moving train! It's too risky."

"Levy we need to tr-" "No Gajeel, it's just not humanly possible!"

I placed my hands on Levy's shoulder and look at her dead in the eye. "Levy, we live in a world of magic, we've fought through nonsense and survived. Even at Edolas, a world with no magic, still has many things that we've fought and won the battle. You think that's humanly possible? So if we do survive from the jump, I wouldn't give a damn. So please, we have to try or else!"

Levy's eyes lid up. "R-right..." Levy muttered.

We made our way up the rooftop of the train. "Levy, how long do you think we have until this train get derailed?!" "Probably 3 minutes left." My motion sickness was making it difficult for me to move through the rooftop. Levy wrapped my arm around her shoulder and guide me to the edge of the train.

Levy slips and nearly falls off the train. "Ahhhhh!" In a nick of time, I grab her arm. Her body sways softly like a bag. I try to pull her up with all my might but spotted in the corner of my eye, a magic four wheeler driving closely to the train. Erza the driver, spotted Levy's swaying body and drives closer to us.

The sword Mage yells "jump!" and gestures her hand pointing behind the magic four wheeler. I pull up Levy with force and carried her on my back.

I jumped off and later found my self in the air. It felt like time slowed down. I then find myself on the roof of the magic four wheeler.

"We did it! Wait we did it?!?!" Levy yelled. The car slows down and everyone in the car is relieved.

Levy POV 📚

After all that nonsense we pulled off, we drove off to the city hall. "Hey Erza, where did you get this car?" I asked. Erza became stunned. "Oh ummm...Oh will you look at that, a museum of magic!" Erza responded, dodging my question.

"So Levy-chan, what do you think happened that made the train start off?" Lucy asked. "I don't know...the engineer and the conductor wasn't there."

Few Hours Later

We are now heading to Soru city. The sun is setting and Erza is still driving. "We should be arriving there in a few minutes." Erza announced.

"Good..." Natsu and Gajeel muttered. Lu-chan chuckled and I try to hold back my laughter. Everyone then went quiet. I looked at window and saw the field that we've been driving next to. The sunset made the field look golden.

I remembered the words he had told me on the train. The words that encouraged me to jump off the train. The words that kept me alive.

Thank you Gajeel...

------------------------------------
End of chapter 6. Thanks for 200 reads! I updated the book cover, looks cool right?!?! Anyways, thanks for reading :)