Chapter 7

Zamani Jefferson
Monday Morning

I woke up with a gut wrenching feeling that something is going to go down today. I feel as if I am going to get involved with what ever is to happen. I rolled my eyes, getting up out of my bed. Although I'm nervous, I am also exited as hell because this is the last week.

We graduate on Saturday. We ain't gone be doing shit and seniors really don't have to come to school but we choose to because we don't have shit else to do. I'm still a little sad about what my aunt told me but I'll be fine. During this summer I really want to find out who my parents are.

It'll be my mission. I did my hygiene within about a 30 minute time span. I'm not really one of those girls who take a long ass time to get dressed. Probably because I don't wear make up not including my eyeliner/lipstick, and my hair doesn't require much treatment.

If I want it curly all I have to do is wet it and run some anti frizz oil in it. If I want it straight I just flat iron it. I dressed my self in a blue, white and orange maxi dress. I accessorized my out fit with a couple of necklaces and a white Michael Kors watch. I grabbed my brown MCM back pack and placed my phone, charger, and headphones in the backpack. My mandatory necessities to get me through the school day.

*LUNCH*

I walked to the cafeteria with Maaliyah. She was currently expressing how I need to be with Tahnil. I'm pretty used to it now. If it's not her talking to me about it, it's Kahlil. Since she wants to fuck with me over my love life I'm going to return the favor. "Can't you tell that he likes you?!" Said Maaliyah. "Can't you tell that Khalil likes you?" I asked. She smacked her lips before shaking her head, clearly having no comeback.

I walked over to our normal table and sat down, not really hungry. Maaliyah followed me sitting beside me. I saw Tahnil and Khalil fat asses walking up to us. That's where they were. In the got damn lunch line. I shook my head as they took a seat in front of us.

They looked at us briefly before tearing into their food at the same time... They are definitely twins. There is no denying that. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the school "Rap star." She is known around the school as the best round' here. Now this is where my cockiness steps up. In my opinion, Ericka's raps are faded out.

No one knows that I can spit a little something except Maaliyah... She wouldn't have known had she not walked in my room unannounced when I was 15.

I looked over at her rolling my eyes. I ain't got nothing against her but she just a little to proud and her 3 minions ain't helping.

She smirked at me before walking over to our table... My crew and I looked up at her wondering what the hell she wanted.

Ericka- You got something you want to say Mani? *Chuckles*

Zamani- If I did... I would have said it already... Oh, and it's Zamani to you. *Smirks*

Ericka- Chill out... I don't do arguments so if you tryna step to me... I'm gone need you try to take my rap crown.

Zamani- Aight, I'll do it. But please stop being so proud because to be honest your raps are whack and faded out.

Ericka- Oh really? Are you aware of the rules? I'll spit first and then you spit. The crowd will judge on which is better...

Zamani- Is you gone continue to question me or is you gone spit yet?

She looked shocked along with my friends. By now a small crowd had formed around us, videoing what was about to take place.

Honestly I wasn't even nervous, I been writing songs since I was 13. It was a way to release my stress and put up with my troubled aunt. Ericka signaled one of her minions to make a beat on the table. She waited a couple seconds before spitting.

"I don't give a f*** about you ratchet a** lames. You can suck a d***, I'm all about fame. F*** a nigga, f*** a b****, straight getting paid. I love money that's all I got to say. You say f*** love I say hey! Nigga fall back, I'm made for the game... Bit shut the f*** up and scream my name, while I run up on these h*** in this fat a** range. I seen a bum so I gave him change and I seen your nigga and he gave me brain. I step up in the function and he bang my name. I'm so turnt up, I'm insane. A.L.I.Z.E that's me. Your girl seventeen and I got that green. B****** hate me cause I'm that thing your nigga went down on and gave me a ring."

She winked at me while her minions and the huge crowd made unnecessary noises. They obviously do not know. It's my turn to be cocky now. Once they were finished being irrelevant her minion started of a beat but I stopped her. "I don't need your beat fam." The girl shrugged and stopped.

By this time it was a even bigger crowd formed around us including staff members... I took a breath before signaling Maaliyah to start my beat. I wasn't trying to be rude to that girl but Maaliyah is the only one who has heard the best to my song.

I took a breath because my rap was about to be fast and I needed all the air I could get. I nodded before starting off.

"Beat 'em like they stole something
Beat 'em like they stole something
All this booty here got them dreaming
Let me hold something
Lemme, lemme hear that boy
Lemme, lemme rear that boy
Let me get the most expensive car
And let me steer that boy
Real big pretty titty
Shut down any city
If you want the kit kitty
Gotta get the key for me
All new everything
Plus pay the rent fo' me
If we in the wilderness
Bitches pitch a tent for me
Tent for me, tent for me, get my body
Long hair no make up doing pilates
Those niggas don't stand on my damn zanotti's
All them bitches is my sons but who's the daddy?
I-I graduate with honors
I ball Nate O' Conner
I did a freestyle then I got a shoutout from Obama
Yes, Yes I am ill
I go in for the kill
Hoes is my sons birth control I am on the pill
What I gotta do what I gotta do to 'em
Step up in the club everybody like who 'dem
Girls, girls, me and my girls
Watcha done did I need some referrals
Motherfuckers know I'm the shit legit
And if a motherfucker don't he can suck my dick
I tell 'em everybody else is my opposite
I put 'em on the gang give 'em 5 percent."

When I finished I blew her a kiss and she started to cry. Her minions guided her to the bathroom. I thought I told y'all I had this shit on lock. I swear y'all be doubting me mane. Khalil and Tahnil were going crazy because they didn't know I had it in me.

A lot of people were still hype and were congratulating me on my, "Success." They act like it was a big deal. Maaliyah reached over and hugged me as I smiled and played with a lock of my hair. I was getting alerts in my phone like crazy.

I really don't understand what could be going on because all my friends are in front of me and they are basically the only people I talk to. I looked at my phone and I was being tagged in a video on my social media accounts. I unlocked my phone, going straight to my Instagram.

I watched the video coming to the realization that it was my rap battle with Ericka. My hand slowly found its way to mouth as my friends looked at me with concern. They all got up to look at my phone as I was being tagged my multiple unknown people who attend my school. I didn't know this many people were videoing. One of the captions read...

LameassMike- Damn@ itsZamaniHoe killed @ E.Ricka.killz in this rap battle mane... I swear I ain't think she had it in her.

All of my friends mouths made the form of an an O. 😯... I turned my phone off staring at my friends. I took a big gulp as I sat there trying to process how fast my life was moving after ONE battle. It surely was changing... Right before my eyes. I pray that this new found fame doesn't fuck with my head.