Origins Issue # 06: The Interdimensional Spider-Gang

CLICK.

CLICK.

CLICK.

CLICK.

After seeing Spider-Man, Spider-Woman and a guy dressed up as a bat jumping off the balcony of Alchemax University, Kingpin stood still, just clicking his fancy pen in hand, staring off into the distance. His mind wanders off to memories of his family, his wife Vanessa and their son Richard. 

He remembers the birthday they had for their son, the boy's laughter echoing in his mind before he was battling Spider-Man himself weeks later, and had the Wall Crawler by the throat, and then Vanessa and Richard walked in and saw them.

He remembered the looks of horror in their faces before they ran out of the house.

"Wait! Vanessa! Richie! Don't go!" Wilson shouted after their driving away car. He remembers Richard was looking back at him before his mother gestured for him to not look back.

And then a semi truck slammed into the left side. Vanessa died upon impact, Richard a few minutes later.

CRACK.

The pen broke apart in Kingpin's hand. Just then Doctor Octavius climbed onto the balcony. Tombstone aimed his guns at her, only for one of her tentacles clamped onto his throat and she looks at Kingpin with an almost innocent expression while Tombstone kept his guns aimed at her.

"I killed Spider-Man," Kingpin said slowly. "Why did I just another with a Spider-Girl and a guy dressed as a bat?"

"All together, there are four Spiders," Octavius replied, with a smile. "The Bat has Spider powers too."

Kingpin growled. He didn't like the sound of that.

"It's okay," Doc Ock said to him soothingly. Almost hypnotically. "It means my Collider works. In twenty four hours, you can bring your family back. As many families as you want. All we need to do is kill a handful of spiders. . . and a bat."

Kingpin stared at her impassively before waving his hand at Tombstone to stand down. Tombstone lowers his guns and Doc Ock lets go of his throat.

"Get my collider up and running," was all Kingpin said as he walked away. "And take care of those bugs. And the flying rat."

"Our collider," Octavius corrected with a smile.

_____________________________

"So the security guard at your Visions Academy has it out for you too, huh?" Nico asked Hunter as they all sat on a bus that was driving back to the city. He sat next to Gwen while Peter B. was sleeping in the far back and Hunter was across from the two teens in the bus.

"Like you wouldn't believe!" Hunter replied. "The guy's a constant pain in the ass."

"I call the guard Larry Dale, just to spite him," Nico replied. "But truthfully, it's because some bullies wanted to get me expelled that they dressed up as me and tried to frame me for vandalizing school property. But even before that, he didn't like me at all. I think he might be a racist and he's just-"

"Looking for any evidence to get you kicked out?" Hunter finished.

Nico nods his head. "Yeah, exactly." Then they both say, "Good luck with that."

Nico chuckles before realizing something. He made a grunt that sounded like a mix of 'Oh' and 'Hup!' "I just remembered," he muttered and started to gag.

Hunter looks at him in confusion. "What? Are you carsick?"

Gwen realized what was going on. "Oh no," she muttered as Nico kept on gagging.