Origins Issue # 04: The Girl from Another Dimension

Rest In Peace to James Earl Jones. He passed away on September 9th, 2024 at the age of 93.

My response when I saw the notification and confirmed that it was real?

". . . I . . . Fuck. That's all I can say."

Today, "The Sun set on his time here on Earth. Raise your lightsabers to the sky, for Darth Vader had become with the Force for the fourth and final time. Roar like a lion for the Sun had set on Mufasa' time for real. Thank you for bringing characters to life by being their voice and much more. May the Force be with you, James Earl Jones. Now and forever. Always."

He was well known for being the voice actor for Darth Vader from Star Wars in the Original Trilogy, the Prequel Trilogy, SW Rebels with Rogue One and Mufasa from Disney's The Lion King as well as Eore from the older Winnie The Pooh adventures and I knew him best for being casted as Mr. Myrtle from "The Sandlot."

Now, on with the story.

"Nico, how could you say that?"

Nico's eyes snapped open as he looked around frantically. He then sees the young girl standing a hundred feet from him.

"Sis!" he called out as he ran to her. "Alice!"

"Why would you say that to me?" the girl, Alice asked with a expression of hurt and betrayal.

"I didn't mean it," Nico replied desperately. "I'm sorry!"

Just then a car horn honking was heard before a shadow consumes Alice before she disappears from view.

"No! NOOO!" Nico shouts, reaching his hand forward. Suddenly he feels a hand on each of his shoulders. He looks to the left and right and sees his parents.

"It's okay, Nico-Son," his mom said softly, smiling while saying the nickname she had given him when he was younger.

"It wasn't your fault," his dad said in the same tone.

"No," Nico said in a broken tone. "No, it was. I-It's my fault. I -I shouldn't ever have said to her."

"Let's go home, Nico," they both said in unison. Then they walked ahead of Nico to a dark alleyway that ended with a dark tunnel entrance that looked like the barrel of a large gun.

"No, no, no!" Nico shook his head, turning away from the scene, closing his eyes and covering his eyes.

"Repressed trauma is something you don't realize your dealing with," those words were said by the therapist yet were just spoken by. . .

"Spider-Man?" Nico turned around and suddenly he was no longer in an alleyway. He's in the wrecked collider room. In front of him was the famous Wall Crawler.

Nico ran over to the superhero's side. "Come on! We got to get you out of here."

"This is why you were bit, Nicodemus." Spider-Man said, not moving from his spot even as Nico pulled on his arm. "This is your destiny."

"No, no, no!" Nico cried out. "Not like this. New York is not losing Spider-Man just so I can become a hero."

Spider-Man stares up at Nico before speaking.". . . It's too late for that," And then he was replaced by a shadowy figure with long pointed ears and a black cape draped over his back.

"He's dead," the figure said in a deep voice as it rises up to stand in front of Nico who stumbled back with wide eyes. "We have to finish what he started."