12

It was the day Ayliz had been waiting for - her final year in medical college had come to an end, and today was her farewell party. She was thrilled as she knew her dream of becoming a doctor was only two more years away. She could already envision herself working in a big hospital, helping people, and fulfilling her life's purpose. Dressed in an elegant maroon kurta with matching pants, she looked beautiful yet modest. Her friends had planned everything for the farewell party, and Ayliz was ready to enjoy the evening.

As soon as she arrived at the college hall, she was greeted by her friends.

Friend Conversations noor: "Ayliz, you look amazing today! The color really suits you."
Ayliz (smiling): "Shukriya, Hina! I just wanted to keep it simple."

Layla "Simple? Tumhari simplicity hi toh sabse khoobsurat hai! (Your simplicity is what makes you the most beautiful.) Look at how everyone is staring at you!"

Ayliz laughed it off, feeling a little shy. She wasn't used to so much attention, but tonight was special. After some time, the party was in full swing, with students dancing, laughing, and taking group photos. Ayliz joined in with her friends, and they took several pictures together. She posted a few of them on her Instagram story.

______^

Meanwhile, Zyran was scrolling through Instagram when he came across Ayliz's story. His heart skipped a beat when he saw her. She looked radiant in her blue outfit, and the happiness on her eyes was contagious. However, as he scrolled through her story, he noticed a guy in the background, repeatedly glancing at Ayliz while laughing with her friends. A wave of jealousy hit him, and without thinking, he quickly messaged her.

Zyran's Message: Zyran: "Tum kaha ho? Ye party kaisi lag rahi hai? Tum busy lag rahi ho."
Ayliz: "Haan, farewell party hai. Sab kaafi enjoy kar rahe hain, aur main bhi bohot khush hoon. Ab sirf 2 saal bache hain doctor banne ke liye!"
Zyran: "Woh ladka kaun hai jo tumhare side mein bar bar dekh raha hai?"
Ayliz (laughing): "Kaun? Koi ladka nahi hai, Zyran. He's just one of the classmates. Don't overthink it!"

Though Zyran tried to brush it off, the jealousy lingered. He didn't like the idea of someone else looking at Ayliz the way he did. They continued chatting casually, but Zyran's mood had shifted. He asked her to call him later when she got home, and Ayliz agreed.

After the party ended, Ayliz returned home, exhausted but happy. She changed into comfortable clothes and joined her family for a light dinner. Her father, noticing her glowing face, teased her playfully.

At Home:

Baba"Mashallah, aaj toh humari beti college ke farewell queen lag rahi thi!" (Mashallah, today our daughter looked like the queen of the farewell!)
Ayliz (blushing): "Baba, bas karo! It was just a small party."

Ahmed (her brother): "Tumne what's app per story lgaye thi na? Mujhe pata hai! Sab ladke tumhare taraf dekh rahe honge..face kyu nhi cover tha tumhra

Ayliz: "Chup kar Ahmed!" (Shut up, Ahmed!) Mujhe kya pata kon mujhe dhekh raha h Mai to busy thi enjoy krne me...

They all laughed together, enjoying the family time. After a while, Ayliz excused herself and went to her room. She was eager to call Zyran and talk about the party. Dialing his number, she waited for him to pick up.

Ayliz: "Assalamualaikum Zyran, tum theek ho?"
Zyran: "Wa'alaikum Assalam. Toh party kaisi thi? Tumne kaafi pictures daali thi story pe. Sab enjoy kar rahe the?"
Ayliz: "Haan, sab bohot maza kar rahe the. Main bhi bohot enjoy kiya. Tumhe party ki pictures bhejti hoon."

Ayliz sent him several pictures from the farewell party, as well as a few old ones she had saved. Some were of her in a hijab, while others were taken at home without a dupatta. Zyran opened the pictures and admired how beautiful she looked.

Zyran: "SubhanAllah, tumhari aankhon mein bohot khoobsurti hai. Tumhari face cut bohot unique hai."
Ayliz (blushing): "Shukriya... Tum bhi bohot achi compliments dete ho."

As they continued chatting, Ayliz's heart was pounding. She had been thinking about her feelings for Zyran for a long time now. She couldn't hide them any longer. Gathering her courage, she decided to speak her heart.

Ayliz's Confession: Ayliz: "Zyran, main tumse ek baat kehna chahti hoon, aur yeh baat serious hai. Please mazak mein mat lena."
Zyran: "Arre, kya baat hai? Batao, tum itni serious kyu lag rahi ho?"
Ayliz: "Main tumse... shaadi karna chahti hoon. Tumhare saath apni poori zindagi bitaana chahti hoon."

There was silence on the other end of the call. Zyran was taken aback by her sudden confession. He had never thought of Ayliz that way. After a few moments, he started laughing, thinking she was joking.

Zyran: "Mazak mat karo, Ayliz. Yeh possible nahi hai. Tum meri bohot achi dost ho, lekin mere dil mein tumhare liye koi feelings nahi hain. Main toh ek luxurious life jeena chahta hoon. Bada influencer banna hai, duniya explore karni hai. Tum samjho yeh shaadi wali baat possible nahi hai."
Ayliz (heartbroken): "Tum... tum serious ho? Tumhare dil mein mere liye koi feelings nahi hain?"
Zyran: "Nahi, Ayliz. Tum meri dost ho, aur main tumhe hurt nahi karna chahta. Lekin tumhare liye mere dil mein koi romantic feelings nahi hain. Tum samajh rahi ho na? Tum itni acchi ho, lekin main shaadi ke liye abhi ready nahi hoon."

Ayliz's heart shattered into a million pieces. She had never felt so vulnerable, so exposed. The person she had started falling for, the one she thought might feel the same, had just rejected her so bluntly. Her eyes welled up with tears, but she forced herself to respond.

Ayliz (whispering): "Theek hai... Main samajh gayi."

Without waiting for more conversation, Ayliz ended the call. She couldn't bear to hear anything else. As soon as the call ended, tears streamed down her face. Her chest tightened with pain, and her heart felt like it had been ripped apart. She had never felt this kind of heartbreak before. She curled up on her bed, hugging her pillow tightly as she sobbed.

Ayliz's Du'a (Prayer): "Ya Allah, mere dil ko sukoon de. Mere jazbaat samajhne mein meri madad kar. Agar yeh mere naseeb mein nahi hai, to mere dil se is dard ko mita de. Mere raaton ko sukoon de, aur mujhe is gham se bacha le."

The night passed in sorrow for Ayliz. She cried herself to sleep, praying for Allah's mercy to heal her heart. Despite everything, her feelings for Zyran had deepened. But now, she was left heartbroken, wondering why she had fallen for someone who didn't feel the same.