14.

[I never anticipated a song to get rid or writer's block. -7/15]

[the external link is some quotes that'll be said throughout the rest of the book and some pictures that I thought were accurate to the story :) -7/18]

[Don't ask :P -7/27]

[I'm a poor excuse for a writer. -5/17]

[Work... -5/23]

I waited a week. One week, seven entire days, for James to come home. I eventually caved and called him.

"Hey, so you're coming home today, right?" I asked, shifting around nervously. He laughed a little.

"Yeah, I'm on my way back right now. Why? Missing me?" He teased. I blushed and rubbed the back of my neck.

"I always miss you." I admitted. "I just... have a surprise for you when you get here." There was a long silence.

"I'm not going to ask. I've got to hang up now, Barton is glaring at me, I'll see you in a few hours." James mumbled. I pouted.

"Okay. I love you, see you soon." I muttered reluctantly. I heard a muffled 'love you too' before a click that let me know the call was over. "A few hours... I can wait that long." I slowly looked around our little apartment and groaned.

"Time to clean."

Four and a half hours later, the entire apartment was clean and I was laying on the couch waiting for James to get back. To him, a few hours could mean anywhere up to twelve hours. I suppose I shouldn't have been this irritated, but I was.

When he finally got home, it had been seven hours since our call. Two and a half since I finished cleaning the entire apartment. One week and twelve hours since the successful procedure.

All of my irritation was forgotten the moment I saw him. I jumped up and hugged him tightly, smiling as I kissed him.

"I missed you!" I chirped, forgetting that he hasn't known I was able to use my legs again. James was silent for a moment.

"You're standing." He mumbled eventually. I stepped away, blushing and smiling wider.

"It was supposed to be a surprise. Stark worked out how to fix my legs." I fidgeted a little and played with my hair, smiling still. "I can walk."

James stared at me for a long second then kissed me almost possessively. I squeaked and kissed him back, yelping and gripping his shoulders as he dipped me down, probing at my lips with his tongue.

A knock at the door stopped us from going any further. I growled in frustration, pushing James away so I could answer the insistent knocking.

"Fury needs to see you in his office." An agent, not much older than I was, stated.

I knew I couldn't argue, so I followed the agent to Fury's office. There was yelling, followed by calm arguing, followed by more yelling.

To make a long story short, I ended up becoming an active agent again, but it wasn't effective until after the wedding.

As I walked back to the apartment I let my thoughts wander, not really focusing on one thought in particular until I opened the door.

Then I woke up and my whole world was thrown off course.