2.

(My birthday is tomorrow! *squee* -9/4)

I was walking down the street when the back of my neck started burning intensely. I cautiously glanced around and automatically knew I was screwed. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed James's number.

"Hey Alex." He answered cheerfully.

"Something's wrong." I said, not bothering with a greeting. "I just need to tell you, if I don't make it home, I love you with all my heart and soul."

"What?" He asked warily. I faked a laugh.

"I'm being followed."

Something whizzed past my head. A bullet. They were trying to kill me.

"I love you." I said before snapping my phone shut. I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and ran for dear life.

You shout it out, but I can't hear a word you say

"Catch the girl!"

I knew running would be futile, and what I knew was proved to be true when someone tackled me.

Pavement scraped my palms and knees, drawing blood. A needle was plunged into my neck and a liquid, I assume a sedative, was injected into my bloodstream. The world went black and my last thought was 'but I'm getting married in a week and a half.'

~

I woke up to screaming. Something hit my left shoulder and I screamed louder. White hot pain coursed down my arm then all at once it stopped and I couldn't even feel my left arm.

I heard mechanical whirring and the sound of a machine re-calibrating then the pain started again and everything faded to black again.

~

I woke up screaming again. My shoulder was in massive amounts of pain and that was all I could feel. I thought it was a little ironic, because my left shoulder was the one in pain and James's left arm was a metal prosthetic.

James. I loved him. Til the end of the line.

As I thought, the pain became more tolerable. I was able to process my surroundings.

I was in a dark room, hooked up to various machines. There was a lot of people surrounding me, all of them looked familiar but I couldn't figure out why. And all at once, the pain stopped.

I looked over at the left side, seeing gleaming metal instead of pale skin, and let out a blood curling scream.

"No!"

In place of my flesh and blood arm was a metal prosthetic, identical to James's in every way except one. It had no star at the moment and it was smaller and more feminine, to match my physique. Wait that was two ways-... whatever.

The pain from earlier was fresh in my mind, and now it made sense. The pain was from them replacing my arm.

I knew what this meant, and I was scared to death. I closed my eyes and let the world fade away, living in a happy daydream until someone lifted me up.

I was carried into a brighter room and forced into a chair. Restraints were tightened around both my arms and legs. A weird looking head piece was lowered onto my head and a mouth guard was forced between my teeth.

I heard the nearly silent tapping of a computer keyboard and the buzz of electricity then felt pain again.

One by one, my memories seemed to slip away. I forgot everything.

My name, my age. My mom, James, Eli.

I was wiped clean, a blank slate ready to be turned into something new. Then, new memories were added.

When the pain was over the restraints were loosened.

"Do you know who you are?" A man asked me. It took me a moment but I nodded.

"Yes sir." I answered quietly. Silence and stealth were burned into my mind like a set of rules I had to live by.

"What is your name?" I was asked.

"Alexandra Pierce. Asset code name, Titanium."

(Boom. Word count: 650)