chapter 9

Giovonni:

"And remember the time when we were stealing bikes to add to the collection and Mrs. Patterson's dog chased us up the driveway?" Mikey laughed. I started laughing along with him.

"That dog bit the shit out of yo' ass cuz." I said laughing. He just continued on laughing. "Shit, the memories." I sigh as I started to catch my breathe from all the laughing we had been doing. He came over because he said he just wanted to chill and have alone time with me which was fine. Since he's been down here, we really haven't spent much time together. We were in my bedroom laying on my bed just talking. It was great to just bond and be alone with him. This time was much needed.

"Niggas was stealing bikes and shit, then selling them. Hustling before we even knew it." Mikey said wiping a tear from his eye. We were laughing so much that we started crying.

"I'm hip." I added as I leaned against the headboard on my bed. He laid down next to me, crossing his hands behind his head and looking up at the ceiling laughing. So many memories, good and bad. I was just happy that I had my older brother to share all of this with. I loved him so much and I knew he loved me too. We would do anything for one another. It was a bond that you couldn't break, something rare that you normally didn't have with your siblings. I was just happy that I was lucky enough to have someone like him.

"So tell me what's good with you nigga? How you been?" He said looking at me.

"Just straight chilling bruh, you feel me?" I said. He smiled at me like he knew something or like he was thinking something.

"You and Asia been getting pretty close huh?" He said cheesing at me. I gave him a small smile back.

"Yeah, I know you been waiting for me to say it, she's cool. Yeah Mikey, she's my friend." I said as I hated admitting the truth. Mikey proved me wrong and I hated the feeling but shit at least I had someone who I could bond with and be honest with.

"Ohh shit, you got a friend. You haven't had one of those since Alia's ass." Mikey said. I rolled my eyes at the mention of her name.

"That bitch was never my friend. Let's be real." I said. He raised his eyebrow up at me.

"She was your best friend until you turned ya back on her." Mikey said. This was exactly his problem. He always tried to talk about situations that he had no clue about and didn't even know the full situation. He assumed too much simply because he thought he knew everything and that wasn't even the case.

"Oh really Mikey, I turned my back on someone who I thought was my friend. She used me." I said, trying to justify myself.

"She didn't use yo' ass Gio. You just think everyone is out for you." He said. Because they fucking are. They use me and take advantage of me and I was tired of that shit.

"You just saying that because you fucked that pussy." I said as I grabbed my grinder and my jar of herb.

"Damn right, that bitch was tight af too." He said as he sat up and leaned against the headboard next to me. I just laughed him off. He was so stupid.

"Because you took her virginity you idiot." I said as I grind up the bud.

"Yeah well that was some good pussy." He said and I just shook my head and no longer following up on this conversation. Alia was someone I thought was my best friend, someone who I thought would always be there for me until she fucking turned on me. She was just using me to look cool, I told her all my secrets and what did she do? Run back and tell everyone in Boston. That bitch had no good intentions for me, she just looked out for herself. She learned though when I beat that ass to near death. Cost me 1 year in juvenile detention but fuck it, that is what happens when you fuck with me.