QUIET SECRET LOVE

-SUNGHOON-

Secretly dating Sunghoon was one of the hardest things you had ever done. With your best friend living with him and being close to all his friends, it felt impossible to maintain the secrecy. You often questioned why he wanted to hide your relationship from the people he loved most, and then it hit you—he was embarrassed. You couldn't blame him, so you kept quiet.

"I'm setting you up on a blind date with one of my friends!" Sunoo exclaimed, and your heart raced as you processed his words. Sunghoon's gaze was fixed on you, a mix of concern and surprise etched on his face.

"What? No! I can't—I'm dating someone!" You blurted out, but it was too late. Jays head snapped up from his phone, drawing the attention of everyone at the table.

"Who? Why haven't you said anything?"

You gulped, trying to act casual. "He doesn't want people to know," you shrugged, sinking back into your chair.

"Is he ashamed of you? If he is, you need to dump him and go out with my friend!" Sunoo pressed, his tone insistent. You sighed, avoiding Sunghoon's eyes.

"No, it's not that... I've thought about it, though. I know I'm not good enough for him, and there are millions who'd be a better fit." You glanced at Sunghoon, who looked down, visibly uncomfortable.

"Have you asked him?" one of them asked. You shook your head, tears beginning to pool in your eyes.

"I have to go," you whispered, standing abruptly and fleeing the restaurant. You heard voices calling your name, but you didn't stop until you were outside, hopping into a cab and ignoring the flood of texts and calls by turning off your phone.

When you finally got home, you trudged through the dark, not bothering to turn on the lights. Suddenly, they flicked on, and you backed into someone, screaming in panic.

"Please don't hurt me! Take whatever you want!" you sobbed, collapsing to the floor, thinking you were about to be attacked.

"I'm not going to hurt you! Where have you been? You've been MIA for hours!" a familiar voice said. You looked up to see seven worried faces surrounding you. Jake held you close, his arms a comforting presence as you cried.

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" you panted between sobs, still trembling.

Jay helped you up, and you instinctively hugged him, craving the warmth you had been missing.

"Sorry, we should have thought this through better. But where were you?" Heeseung asked, casting a cautious glance at Sunghoon.

"I... I went to the Han River for a while, then visited the old lady who used to take care of me. I brought her flowers and lost track of time. I miss her; she was the last person who loved me without question."

Jay wiped your tears with the hem of his shirt, and Sunoo stepped forward to hug you as well.

"I'm so sorry for making you doubt our relationship. I feel terrible that I caused your tears. When you ran out, I told them everything. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of you. In fact, it's the opposite—I don't want to share you with anyone. I was too extreme, and I hurt you unintentionally. Will you forgive me?"

You looked into Sunghoon's eyes, searching for sincerity. Slowly, you nodded, feeling a flicker of hope amidst the pain.

 Slowly, you nodded, feeling a flicker of hope amidst the pain