04. clare bear

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊ clare bear ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

PLEASE DONT BE A GHOST READER!COMMENT AND VOTE! IT HELPS US WRITERS STAY MOTIVATED:)

COMMENT AND VOTE! IT HELPS US WRITERS STAY MOTIVATED:)

the reason i always say "please don't be a ghost reader" this isnt just because i want votes, i mean i do, but ive been writing on this app for 3 almost 4 years and it helps me stay motivated because that means people are reading my stuff. and unlike other people, they have so many views on their books and i know my writing isnt the best but i love to write and it just helps me stay motivated. and i know i unpublish and republish my chapters and i get thats really annoying

SEASON EPISODE 2 PART 1

clara couldn't understand how her dad could really be gone. she and john b were certain he was just lost at sea, that he'd somehow survived and would come back to them. it didn't make sense otherwise. the ache in her chest felt endless as she pulled the boat up to the dock at the cameron residence. she slowed to a stop, the engine going silent, and she stepped off, grabbing the tanks and gear with a quiet grunt. the weight of everything - the equipment and her thoughts - pressed heavily on her.

the cameron's boat was quiet, peaceful even, and she moved carefully as she hauled the tanks aboard. her footfalls were soft, barely making a sound on the deck. as she stepped inside, she glanced through the sliding doors and stopped dead in her tracks. there, sprawled out on the cushioned seats, was sarah cameron, fast asleep.

clara felt her breath catch, her eyes lingering on sarah's face. even asleep, sarah was striking, her features softened in the early morning light. her golden hair fanned out across the pillow, and for a moment, clara felt a strange warmth in her chest. sarah looked so peaceful, so... beautiful.

clara smiled to herself, unable to help it, but just as she started to move again, her fingers slipped, and one of the gear bags tumbled from her hands. the loud clatter of metal on wood rang out, and clara's heart sank as the bag hit her foot.

"ah, fuck!" clara cursed under her breath, hopping on one foot, trying to ease the sharp pain.

sarah jolted awake, her eyes wide with alarm. "clara?" she asked, blinking rapidly as she sat up. "are you okay?"

clara, red-faced and mortified, waved her hand dismissively. "ye-yeah, i'm fine," she stammered. "luckily, it was just the gear and not a tank."

sarah rubbed her eyes, her expression still clouded with confusion but softening as she looked at clara. "what are you doing here?" she asked, her voice still thick with sleep.

clara's heart pounded in her chest, her words tumbling out in a nervous rush. "i'm just dropping off some of the scuba gear my brother and his friends used," she explained quickly, stumbling over her words as she tried not to sound as flustered as she felt.