~Prologue~

Rule #9 - Child of the Stars
01:43 ━━━━━━●──── 03:00
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
ılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮

     Supernova bit his lip, his brows furrowed, and eyes narrowed as he stared at the spiking vitals going haywire on the computer monitor.

'The extractor is becoming unstable...' He thought to himself. 'If I don't do something soon, she could die, and I could lose all my progress.'

Supernova looked up from the screen in front of him, and through the reinforced glass, his white eyes glinting with both determination and worry. Inside the containment room was a man made black hole, an unstable one at that. Advanced and high-tech technology strung wires and cords through the portal-like matter, the galaxy quite literally just a few feet away. It was almost as if someone was inside the black whole.

Well, there was.

For years, Supernova had been studying the warp properties of black holes, trying to prove there was more to the universe than stars and comets. Today would be the day he realized his studies would not go to waste.

His breath hitched when he watched the vitals spike again, heart rate at two hundred and thirty beats per minute. Supernova's anxiety forced himself up from his desk and stride over to the containment room. Using a specialized keycard, the heavy-duty door unlocked, and he was given access.

With tentive but determined steps, Supernova approached the volatile and unpredictable black hole, his gravitational boots allowing him to remain on the ground and not get sucked into the space vac. He knew this was a stupid idea, and he was likely to lose his life, but for the sake of science, he had to try.

Slowly, he reaches into the void, shuddering at the feeling. His hands almost instantly numbed because of how cold it was. He was worried he wasn't going to find what he was looking for due to suddenly losing his sense of touch in his hands, but his fingers then began to warm ever so slightly.

Once absolutely certain he had a firm grasp, he brought his hands back out. The black hole closed and vanished, and in his arms was now a tiny baby girl.

The newborn was unnaturally still, causing Supernova to begin to worry. Had all of his efforts gone to waste? Was this all for nothing?

No. Of course it wasn't.

The baby suddenly began to writhe and cry, forcing as much sound as her newly developed lungs would allow her. Supernova couldn't help but smile, gently rocking the crying child in his arms, as joyful tears flooded his eyes.

"Shh... shh... it's okay, sweet baby." He whispered, sniffling softly as the little girl continued to scream and sob. He quickly walked out of the containment room, trying his best not to stumble because of how hard he was trembling. He did it. He finally did it. He created life.

"Hey, hey... it's alright!" Supernova cooed. He laid the baby down on a soft and warm blanket, wrapping her up in a tight swaddle, careful not to restrict her breathing. "Oh my god... look at you... you're perfect."

The baby slowly started to stop wailing now that it was in a warmer environment, but it was still a bit fussy. Her tiny eyes peaked open and looked up at her father, which caused Supernova to gasp softly.