~1: Introductions are hard~

Empty Bed
01:27 ━━━━●────── 03:25
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
ılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılıılılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮

(A.N: I don't know when the exact date the USJ attack happened within the year, so for story purposes, we're going to say it's about a month into the school year. This current chapter is set about a week or two after the first day of school.)

The hallways were so empty that even the softest of footsteps seemed to echo across the walls. Atlas was incredibly light on his feet, but not on purpose. He was just naturally quiet whenever he walked.

He stared down at the papers in his hand. His class schedule, his 504 plan papers (that his father insisted Atlas himself deliver because he didn't trust the school to actually send them out to the correct people despite the numerous reassurances), and of course, a late pass.

'Principal Nezu said my tardiness would be excused due to the meeting he had with my father, but I wanted one just in case.' Atlas looked up from his papers. He could see the large door with 1A written over it up ahead.

'At least the principal was nice enough to write my preferred name on here. Something my dad would probably throw a fit about if I asked in front of him instead of emailing him last night.'

Atlas let out a silent huff as he closed his eyes, pushing his thoughts down. 'Nows not the time to be scorned. It's your first day of school. Public school.' He popped the knuckles in his fingers and wrists, a personal tic of his. 'Just try to think positive...'

As Atlas continued a steady pace down the hall, he began to hear very loud and very excited voices emitt from the classroom. He could only assume they were talking about him.

"Haven't you heard?" Said a manly voice. "There's a new student joining our class!"

"There is? I thought the heroes course was full." Someone croaked.

"I heard that their parents have a special connection with the pro heroes that work here, so they made an exception." A voice with an acidric undertone said, a hint of gossip in her tone.

An explosive voice scoffed. "Tch. Of course. Another spoiled, snobby brat who only got in because of their parents' status. How do we even know their quirk is any good? Or did they just buy their way in?"

"Now, now, Bakugo. There's no need for such negative comments." A punctual voice spoke next. "Let's give them a chance, shall we? This is their first day of school, after all. Let's all have a good first impression and make the new student feel welcome."

"I wonder what their quirk would be..." Someone muttered thoughtfully.

Yep. Definitely talking about him.

Atlas sighed through his nose, his free hand reaching underneath his uniform collar to adjust the straps of his binder. He scratched the skin just underneath his collarbone. This was it. The moment he had been waiting for ten years.

He steps in through the door, and immediately, all eyes were on him. Of course they were. Doesn't everybody look when someone comes in through the classroom door?

"Hello." He waived lightly. "I'm looking for Mr. Aizawa's class. Is this the correct place?"

Atlas is met with silence. Complete and utter awkwardly tense silence. It wasn't until one brave student cleared his throat and spoke up.