FRAME IT

As I opened my eyes, a sharp pain shot through my head, making me groan

As I opened my eyes, a sharp pain shot through my head, making me groan. I looked around—it was nothing like my room.

A poster of The Weeknd hung on the wall.

Then it hit me.

It burns!

Abhi...

Why is she touching you?

Chandani...

Your admirer...

Kissss...

My eyes widened as the realization dawned, and I shot up in bed.

What the hell?

The door opened, revealing Rohi.

Right, it’s Rohi’s room. She’s the one who’s a fan of The Weeknd.

“How you doing, babygirl?” she asked, walking toward me.

“Not so good. I’ve got a headache, and I feel... off,” I replied, making a face and clutching my head.

She chuckled.

“Amma and Appa—” I began, but she cut me off.

“Don’t worry, Ruhi and I told them last night,” she said, drying her hair.

I slumped back onto the bed, covering my eyes with a pillow. My phone buzzed beside me.

Ishaan: How about we go see a movie together?

Of course, I have to face him eventually.

Today?

Tomorrow?

Someday...

As much as I want to dig a hole and stay there forever, I can’t. I have to face him—and myself, too.

What is wrong with me?

Why was I acting like that yesterday? I don’t even remember what happened after that... kiss.

Ugh! Well, it wasn’t a kiss—just a peck on the neck. Still...

Me: How about we go to the temple instead?

Yeah, as much as I want to face him, I need Murugan's blessings for the courage to do it.

Ishaan: Sure.

I told him to meet me outside the temple in an hour. Time to get ready.

“Rohi, can I borrow some—” Before I could finish my sentence, a cushion hit me square in the face.

“What was that for?!”

“What’s ‘borrow’? There’s no borrowing between sisters. My wardrobe is yours too, got it?” she said, crossing her arms.