CHEMISTRY

[ I was kinda humming this song writting the chapter

[ I was kinda humming this song writting the chapter . ]

"Would you like to go on a temple date with me every week?"

I froze in the middle of my prayer, eyes closed, hands still joined in front of Murugan.

Did he just ask me out in front of my Murugan?

I opened my eyes and tilted my head slightly to look at him. He was already watching me, a soft smile playing on his lips. The wind tousled a few strands of his hair, and he rolled his bottom lip between his teeth, looking completely at ease.

"Well? Will you come with me?"
he asked again, his voice calm. The breeze carried his words lightly, and he ran a hand through his hair to push it back.

I didn’t respond immediately. Instead, I finished my prayer and started the rounds of the temple. He followed closely behind, and for your information, all the aunties around were giggling as they looked at us.

“You know, according to physics—”
I began, trying to ease the awkwardness between us.

But before I could finish, he cut me off with a smirk.

“Topper, what’s between us isn’t physics or science—it’s chemistry.”

I stopped in my tracks, turning sharply, only to bump straight into his chest. Before I could stumble back, he caught me by the waist, steadying me.

I looked up, meeting his eyes, and noticed the tips of his ears turning red.

He quickly let go, stepping back and muttering, "Sorry."

But it wasn’t even his fault. I had stopped too suddenly, and he had just helped me from falling.

This man is something else.

“Chemistry is science,” I countered, crossing my arms.

( A/n - love is not science yuku baby 😭 )

His expression was priceless—like I had said something impossible.

But aside from that, there was another question swirling in my mind.

“Do you like me?” I asked hesitantly, not sure what his response would be.

His expression shifted, becoming more serious. Leaning in slightly, he replied,

“I’m past any liking and attraction,
Yukti.”

[ A/n -  😭💕 my babies ]

Butterflies erupted in my stomach at his words, and I couldn’t help but blush.

I bit my bottom lip, trying to control the smile creeping onto my face, and turned away to continue the temple round, with him following close behind.