Chapter 4: A New Friend

Suddenly, a sound catches Fluffy's ear.

????: Help! Help me! Somebody!!

Fluffy: You hear that?

Dolly: Yeah.

Patchy: Sounds like . . .

Fluffy: Someone's yelping for help!

Then, without a word, Fluffy ran

Chase: Whoa!! Fluffy!

Dolly: Fluff! Come back!!

Chase: Come on! Ch--

Patchy: If you so much as say "Chase is on the case", I will break your nose!

Dolly: Patchimus, stop!

And so, Chase led Dolly and Patchy after Fluffy to stop their brother from doing something rash or nonsensical. Nobody knew someone with that much fur could run that much, Patchy thought. But Fluffy was running so fast he was a blur! Chase and dolly are the only ones who can keep up with them. The voice was getting louder, which means they're close.

????: Help me!! Somebody!!! Anybody!!!

????(2): No where to hide, runt.

Fluffy: We're coming!!!

Then the four pups stopped, for what they saw they could not believe: a small, dirty, looks-like-he's-seen-better-days German Shepherd pup, around a couple weeks old, being cornered in a narrow alleyway by three adult street dogs.  A Doberman, a Great Dane and a Tibetan Mastiff, to be exact. Believe me when I say, these dogs are HUGE!!!! And that little German Shepherd was just a little David against three powerful Goliaths. To get a better description, look at the image above. 

Dolly: Whoa!! Those are big dogs.

Patchy: (intimidated) Maybe I should step out of this.

Chase: No, Patch. 

Fluffy: I'm coming, little guy!!!

Great Dane: Huh? (Fluffy lunges at his back) Ahh!!! Get outta here, pup!

Fluffy: I'm not letting you hit this little guy!

The puppy Fluffy's protecting curled up into a ball and looked frightened. Then the Tibetan Mastiff ran up to the pup, grabbed his collar with his teeth and shook the pup like a rag doll!!! His siblings could not bear to witness this as the Mastiff let go at the right time, making him hit the brick wall on the right!

Fluffy: Owww. That hurt. 

Chase, Dolly and Patchy: Fluffy!!!!!!

Patchy: That's it! I've had it!!

Chase: You mess with our brother; you go through us!!

Dolly: Or . . . more accurately, WE GO THROUGH YOU!!!!!

The three street dogs turned around to give the pups their attention. Then Fluffy went in to guard the little puppy. 

Doberman: (chuckles) Oooh. Big talk coming from little pups that can't take us on.

Chase: Well, at least WE have accurately sized tails. 

Tibetan Mastiff: Ohhh, he's got you there, Boss.

For specifically a Doberman, disrespecting his tail is worse than insulting himself. Dobermans didn't like it when someone pointed out that they had the shortest tails in history. But this Doberman had an attitude problem and HATED that insult!