Frenzy- Chapter 20

Love is like a frenzy, you get tied up in each other.

***

It hurt Max, to see that he had to put Teresa through all of that, in order to gain her trust. If he could do it over, he would. But he couldn't, and so he was stuck with having to play a game of pretend. Or was he pretending?

He had questioned that one thought many times, and the answer appeared.

"Maxwell," Owen called out for him, his hands cupped around his mouth. With a slow turn, Owen could see matted string and touseled hair. "Have you ... Teresa!"

Max held back the bitter tears as Owen frantically fumbled pushed open the door. The innocence of Teresa's bare figure couldn't hold back the seeping darkness. She laid on the bed, crying herself to sleep. Owen's eyes grew cold, until they were completely frozen.

"How dare you take advantage of Teresa, you, you, delinquent!"

Owen's screams pierced Max with such force that he laughed, raging with laughter. The tears would not stop falling.

"I am not the monster here!" he yells, "She is pure, and for a man like you to have her is disgusting! She deserves a man that would never make her suffer the way you do!"

Max grabbed a fistful of Owen's shirt, leaning towards his ear. With a small breath, his raspy voice whispered.

"I'll get rid of you, by myself."

Teresa wrapped her hands around Max's throat, tightening her grip. "You don't need to," she said. Her soft palms sliding up to his face. The fear grew in his obsidian eyes, spiraling like leaves in the autumn wind.

Owen jumped back, stumbling about. "You can't do this, Teresa, Max. I love you both, I have always loved you both!" he sputtered.

"I saved your lives, why don't you love me?"

Owen let out his ugly sobs, ruining what was once a perfect visage.