Something's Coming 'Round The Bend

A delicious soreness settled into Diego when he awoke the next day. At some point in his sleep, Ted had carried him from the bathtub and placed him into a thankfully clean bed. The blond changed the sheets to the ones he'd found on a run, but they hadn't been used yet.

The taller boy spooned him from the back. His legs were tangled with the ravenette's and Tucker under both of them. One arm wrapped around Diego's collarbone tightly, and Ted's face was buried in his hair. He could feel the other boy's breath on his scalp.

Both were still nude from their late night escapades because the blond could not be bothered with clothing. The ravenette really didn't mind as the warmth from his Osito seeped into him. Feeling safe and wanted, the smaller boy could only smile in contentment.

Last night was a cacophony of pleasure and pain and everything his heart desired. Now Diego was being cuddled rather protectively by a papa bear. His hands came up to grip Ted's arm and he snuggled his face into it. The movement woke the blond up instantly.

Chuckling, he pulled the ravenette even closer under the covers. He didn't want to get up this morning. Was it morning? The sun seemed brighter than usual, and stronger too. Ted wouldn't be surprised if they slept past noon. There was still enough time to go on a supply run, but he really didn't want to move. This was too perfect.

"How did you sleep, Osito?" Diego"s words tickled his skin.

"I think I should be the one asking you that."

"In that case, I slept like a rock. Jesus, you fuck like it's going out of style."

"In this world, it probably is."

The ravenette laughed heartily. That was more than likely true, but he loved it all the same. Ted really made him feel cared for. The blond was an excellent provider. He took good care of them and always made sure there was something to eat. Diego usually woud section the animals Ted shot with his dagger. They helped each other.

"We need to get dressed."

"Do we have to?"

"If we want to make it to the next seaport and back, we do."

"Back?"

"Osito, please give me some credit, this is our home. I know we haven't talked about it but we need to. Do you still want to go to the community?"

Ted thought for a bit. He did want to see if there was one out there, but he didn't think he wanted to join anymore. Being with Diego was enough. In fact, as long as he was with the smaller boy, he rarely thought about a community. They could set up trading with them. He could reach people his combat skills in exchange for supplies.

As the blond mulled it over, he realized all he really wanted was to not be alone. He thought the only answer had been a community. On his own, Ted had few abilities, but he really flourished when he had something worth fighting for.

When he lost the commune, he lost his purpose. It left him hollowed out and more than a little dead inside. Who was he? What could he do? He was so focused on finding somewhere he could be useful to fill the void in him, he didn't think there were any other possibilities. Ted was so used to being a tool, he forgot he was still a person.

Now that he had Diego, he had a purpose again. He could protect the boy. He could provide for him. He had a use again. Because of that, he no longer needed a community.

"I think I want to see if it's there, but I don't really want to join anymore." The blond let go of the ravenette, sat up and tucked his knees to his chest. Diego sat up and leaned on his shoulder in comfort.