Chapter 3

When they arrived at the store, Rafa parked and waited for Aomsin to arrive. It wasn't long before Rafa parked behind Aomsin and told the truck to turn around and enter the back of the store.

"Come on, I'll show you the room," Rafa said, as had asked someone to prepare it for Aomsin.

"This is Mr. Cherd, the security guard from the morning shift. When the night shift guard arrives, I'll introduce you to him so he can get to know you," Rafa said upon finding him.

"Hello, Mr. Cherd, my name is Aomsin," Aomsin said quickly as he introduced himself.

"Of course, I remember you!. You sell roast chicken around here often," Uncle Cherd said fondly, for he already knew that Aomsin would be moving into the back room of the shop. After introducing themselves, Rafa took Aomsin to his new room to arrange his things. Aomsin was excited to see the new and spacious room. He hurried to help the workers carry things inside and tidy up all.

"Is this fridge still working?" Rafa asked, seeing the state of the old refrigerator that Aomsin was arranging.

"It can be used," Aomsin said. Rafa then went to look at the fan.

"Won't the blades of this fan fall off when you use it?" Rafa asked. From what he had seen, he thought Aomsin's things were old and he was worried that they might be dangerous.

“No, I’ve been using it for a long time,” Aomsin said again.

"I think you should change these things," Rafa said to himself. Aomsin smiled slightly. He was not embarrassed that Rafa thought he was his things were old.

"I can use these things, they still work fine. I take good care of them, don't worry, Rafa," Aomsin replied. He didn't know how to explain to Rafa that those things still looked new to him. Then, Aomsin quickly tidied up the room.

"Don't you have a closet?" Rafa asked.

“Yes, I use these bars to hang clothes,” Aomsin replied as he assembled the clothes bars he had taken apart in his room.

“Are you okay here?” Rafa asked. Aomsin smiled at Rafa, and Rafa felt his heart skip a beat. It was such a bright smile in his eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's much better than My old room. I think I'll feel more at ease here," Aomsin said directly. Rafa frowned slightly.

"I actually wanted to move out of there for a long time, but a lot of things prevented me from doing so," Aomsin said, referring to money.

“Why did you want to move?” Rafa asked. Aomsin smiled shyly.

"You saw Uncle Wan today, right? He loves to butt into my business. And his wife, Auntie... well, she's always telling me that I'm flirting with Uncle Wan. Yes, I'm gay, but I didn't do it, because I want to get another husband. Do you understand?" Aomsin said without realizing it, and then paused slightly, looking at Rafa nervously.

"Hey, does he disgust you, Rafa?" Aomsin asked in a low voice. He admitted that he liked Rafa a lot, even if the other seemed a bit rough.

"Disgusting of what?" asked Rafa.

“About me being gay,” Aomsin said again.

"If I were to be disgusted, how could I work with you and Mr. Tharn?" Rafa said. Aomsin nodded slowly, thoughtful.

"I wanted to work here because I wanted to be in an environment with people who have the same taste as me. It makes me feel less different," Aomsin said softly, glad that his grandmother accepted him as he was. But some neighbors teased him, especially Aunt Ying. Aomsin never talked back, so as not to cause trouble for his grandmother.